rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Truro City-read it and weep
AggiePirate (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 20:22
[www.cornwalllive.com]

No idea if the above link will work, apologies for my technical ineptitude, but this is the main headline on Cornwall Live this evening.

Re: Truro City-read it and weep
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 20:49
Aggie,
Not quite sure what you mean by "weep". Nothing has changed since last weeks announcement that the pirates and Truro & Penwith College are willing to cover the shortfall should Truro City fail to raise their 2M share.
Truro City will no longer be a stadium psrtner but can still rent the S4C to play their games.

AggiePirate (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 06:41
I was thinking how sad it was that a once-proud, long-established Cornish club with a loyal if small support, who climbed through the amateur leagues and won the FA amateur cup at Wembley (I was there) are now engulfed in chaos and confusion, having to play their home games in Torquay. Having dared to dream of owning their own ground, they now appear homeless and talking of returning to Treyew Road. A very sorry state of affairs in my view, quite apart from the S4C angle.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 08:01
Unfortunately the club are now paying the price for decisions made by previous management. They sold out to a dubious owner who brought them short term gain but which ended with the sale of their ground for 1.

cornishbob (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 09:16
For once I agree Aggie, it is a crying shame that TCFC are in the predicament they are. The problems are not new and were brought about by not Mr Masters or his present crew but by the crooked (!!) previous owner Mr Heaney(?). Mr Masters whatever you say seems to be fighting for TCFC and is committed (his words) to the stadium. For them to be playing their home games nearly 100 miles from home says something to his commitment. If you listen to the accompanying vid thats in the article he makes it clear what he sees as their future. They have been sold down the road by both that previous owner and to some extent Helical. I for one wish them all the best and hope we see them at the S4C. I thought Heaney and his so called accountant wife were under investigation for the way they handled the monies at TCFC, anyone know what happened there?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net