rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Boxing Day friendly.
1spy (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 13:52
Over 3000 fans attended the local derby between Bedford v Ampthill.Could a Pirates v Redruth game match that attendance?

Re: Boxing Day friendly.
*Stalwart (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 13:55
Quote:
1spy
Over 3000 fans attended the local derby between Bedford v Ampthill.Could a Pirates v Redruth game match that attendance?
Reds always play Camborne on Boxing Day.

truropirate (IP Logged)
30 December, 2018 12:33
Camborne VS Redruth is one of the longest fixture going in rugby 134 years I think I read somewhere so I cant see what I Spy wants to see happen. The Pirates use to play Truro every Boxing Day until the Pirates went Professional

Surrey Pirate (IP Logged)
30 December, 2018 17:00
Not a chance of Pirates v Redruth on Boxing Day. Its all about Redruth v Camborne on Boxing Day and over Easter.

1spy (IP Logged)
30 December, 2018 21:41
Truropirate i was highlighting that Christmas/New year fixtures pull in good revenue for the Clubs.As the fixture showed today. Redruth was an example it could also could be Plymouth Albion.Bedford confirmed the attendance was 4554 taking over £50,000 for the clubs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2018 21:49 by 1spy.

ascloseasthis (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 00:14
Oh dear, these traditions have gone unless a neighbouring team gets to the Championship. Canít see that happening

1spy (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 09:22
ascloseasthis Ampthill are not a Championship side they play in National Div One.These games also bring in potential new customers to grow the game something the Pirates will have to do to make the Club and Stadium4Cornwall sustainability for its long term success.

truropirate (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 12:37
I spy on paper it looks good but what happens if you get Truro football club and Pirates wanting the stadium on boxing day. Truro were away this year to Torquay but they also could be home.

1spy (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 16:28
truropirate the games can be played anytime over the Christmas / New year festive period if the club does not have a league fixture at the time.Quins v Saints pulled in a record crowd of 82,000 for a Premier Div game at Twickenham. This time of the year is a boom for the clubs if promoted professionally.My point is we will need to attract new customers to the S4C.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2018 16:31 by 1spy.

Kenwyn. (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 18:29
I like the idea 1spy. Plymouth Albion would be a great game. Remember that game at Camborne a few years back , ran out of beer !

ascloseasthis (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 01:09
So not a proper game then if the teams are not the same level. No point.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 10:01
Quote:
ascloseasthis
So not a proper game then if the teams are not the same level. No point.
Don't agree with that. Ampthill and Bedford aren't at the same level but still drew a massive crowd. It would be the same if we played Albion.

Kenwyn. (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 10:04
Neither was Bedford opposition or Camborne and Redruth but people love it.

Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 10:25
Anything is better than going shopping or watching tv or visiting in laws etc.

1spy (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 11:13
Happy New Year everyone.Good to see the Forum active in 2019.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 12:19
Happy New Year to you 1spy, as you say, good to see this forum active - I like the facebook one as well, but you can have a more detailed discussion on here.
Happy New Year to all fellow Pirates!

Kenwyn. (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 13:06
Good to see a few of us old posters still on here.
Happy New Year to you all. Letís see 2019 as the year of The Stadium 4 Cornwall finally becomes a reality.

Geoff DC (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 15:01
Happy New Year All

Anyone fancy contributing the odd story to help keep the site running?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net