rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Yorkshire Carnegie V Pirates
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 12:47
One change to the starting XV for the tough away game to the much improved Yorkshire Carnegie side with Marlen Walker starting in the front row.
Full preview on the clubs website.

Re: Yorkshire Carnegie V Pirates
Longrockerz2 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 13:04
Great to see Marlen back in the starting 15. Good to see he's back to what is hopefuly full fitness. Good starting team and strong bench.

Kenwyn. (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 13:46
Anyone going ? I am having a bite to eat in The Headingley Tap first. #COYP

Geoff DC (IP Logged)
12 January, 2019 16:55
If my sums are right - after Bedford's win against Ealing a 5 pointer at Leeds would put us 2nd on Pts difference

#COYP

Kenwyn. (IP Logged)
12 January, 2019 17:21
I made it the same DC

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
12 January, 2019 18:03
C'mon Pirates we can do this!

Geoff DC (IP Logged)
12 January, 2019 21:59
Quote:
Kenwyn.
I made it the same DC

Banking on you Rudi to shout extra loud (Sm48) at Leeds it's on your head (Sm122)

Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
12 January, 2019 22:52
Would be in 3rd place because Ealing have won one more gameó no. of wins overrides points.

Kenwyn. (IP Logged)
12 January, 2019 23:19
Thanks for correcting us mate. Iím out of touch.

Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
13 January, 2019 10:08
What will be the result today?
I remember results when we played teams near the bottom before.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
13 January, 2019 10:41
Quote:
Cowship Pirate
What will be the result today?
I remember results when we played teams near the bottom before.

This is a bit different. Leeds have recruited a lot of Kiwis and have won their last seven games. It'll be tight, I'm going for Pirates by two points.

piratepilot (IP Logged)
13 January, 2019 16:10
Lineout sounds like an absolute shambles... must be less than 50% accurate this season.

welshpirate (IP Logged)
13 January, 2019 17:11
Worse than the LS game, that takes some doing.

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2019 17:57
A very disappointing result in what sounded like an error strewn performance.Once again our set piece struggled and in particular the scrum where we conceded 4 penalties in a row which ended with a yellow card for Tyler Gendall.
We were 2nd best up front and were turned over on a number of occasions which prevented us from putting them under any pressure.
One small consolation is that we managed to salvage a losing bonus point but we drop to 5th ahead of another difficult away trip to Coventry.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
13 January, 2019 18:01
We obviously struggled at scrum and line out - disappointing as you have no chance if they don't function. They also did a job on us at the breakdown. Sounds like we should have had a penalty try near the end, but it didn't change the outcome. Probably settle for a losing BP after an under par performance like that. Yorkies will turn a lot of teams over now they've got their act together. Hopefully the boys will sort it out and come out strong at Coventry next week - another tough away game.

Jolly Woodhouse (IP Logged)
13 January, 2019 19:18
Oh dear
Wigston, Bert and I were shouting our heads off, but it was one of the poorest games, and performances from Pirates, i have seen for a long time. Agree with all the comments above

Jolly Woodhouse (IP Logged)
13 January, 2019 19:20
Sorry Michael and Tess, you did your shouting in front of us too! Dickie was there, but I don't know what he thought

cornishbob (IP Logged)
15 January, 2019 12:28
From where I was seated Carnegie were bullying us all over the pitch and we had no idea how to counter that. Not faulting their endeavour which as always was 100%, but we were abysmal at the breakdown allowing turn over after turn over, the line out didn't function again, the timing is way out. For me Sam throws far too early and this is predictable for the opposition. This is something we have constantly done for several seasons. We always seem to go for the long throw when a simple throw at the front of the line would suffice. Again we fell foul of 'Sir' so many times I was wondering if he wasn't a 'homer' that said we didn't learn from our first half mistakes. All in all we got what we deserved, Carnegie were there for the taking they ain't that good but what they did they did well and effectively. A couple of points, the unawarded penalty try should have been given, just how many times do you have to infringe and deliberately disrupt for one to be awarded? The Carnegie No9 should have got at the very least 10 mins in the first half for throwing unprovoked punches at one of our lads. Not sour grapes but I thought the officials were awful.

Yorki (IP Logged)
15 January, 2019 22:54
I thought your team played reasonably well, I thought we were average and lucky with the result in the end. The ref was pretty consist as we felt we were on the wrong side of his decisions. Yes it should have been penalty try. We got through by the skin of our teeth at the end, Chris Stirling DoR thought so as well.

cornishbob (IP Logged)
16 January, 2019 09:15
Yorki, I should have qualified by saying the officials were awful for both sides, some of the decisions were terrible. If you thought we played reasonably well you should see us most weeks, this performance was way below par, but you can only play the team in front of you. Chris had obviously done his homework and his tactics worked, hats off, you won we lost. I'll be back next year when I hope both sides will be playing to their abilities. I have no doubt Chris will 'knock' them into a good side, top man. Wishing you all the best for the rest of the season (except when you come this way of course!!). (Sm109)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net