rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Richmond v Pirates
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 11:21
4 changes to the Pirates starting side for the difficult away game at Richmond. Matt Evans, Christian Judge, Alex Schwarz and Josh Caulfield all start and Tom Duncan is on the bench. There is no Toby Freeman in the squad so I assume he is suspended after being cited following the game in Jersey.
Full preview on the club website.

Re: Richmond v Pirates
Geoff DC (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 17:06
Great win away at Richmond 10-23 & 5pts takes us up to 3rd place

bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 17:43
Yes, a great four point win in the end.....but we struggled in the first half.
I'm wary not to be too critical as an armchair supporter listening to Radio Cornwall, and not at the ground itself, but we did hear that the "old" problems still occurred...kicking away possession, failing at the line out (again), and giving away penalties (I believe there were 8 in the first half) !!!
Fortunately, Dan Frost came on to settle the line out throwing, and I believe he had a 100% success rate. Surely, he deserves to be in the starting line up next week ??
However, to be positive, Jersey lost, and we are now in 3rd place in the league. Congratulations to all...enjoy your ride home.

Black Bart (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 18:07
Boligey. ‘‘Twas a five pointer

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 18:09
Great result and 5pts with a try in injury time putting us 3rd as both Bedford and Jersey lost.
We didn't start well and with the line out malfunctioning and the penalty count mounting we found ourselves 10-0 down with 14 men on the field.
The defence at this point from a number of attacking line outs in our 22 was immense and kept us in the game.We did well to get back in the game to only go in 10-8 down at half time.2nd half we were much better and controlled the game well with our back 3 looking dangerous and in particular Kyle Moyle with 2 tries.
Well played the whole squad and looking forward to the visit of 2nd placed Ealing next Saturday.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 18:09
That's a good result. Richmond are not a bad team and hard to beat on their own patch. There were some problems in the first half and the line out didn't function. Richmond didn't score in the second half and it sounds like Moyler had a brilliant game, scoring the bonus point try near the end of the game. Josh Caulfield, too, had a big game. 5 points away from home, third in the league can't be bad. Jersey went down at home to LS, didn't see that coming.

MullionPirate (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 19:02
On the way back from the RAG.... hard to disagree with other posters. Really poor for first 25 mins..... why do we always seem to want to give opponents a 10 pt lead before we start playing? However as the first half ended you could sense we were finding our game and getting on top. In the second half, we started winning the collisions and our set piece functioned much more effectively- even winning one or two scrum pens! - meaning we could dominate territory and build pressure - pressure which told in the end. By the last 25 mins, Rich had no answer to our physicality and pace. The backs esp Moyler were very good and the bench had a real impact. An excellent 5 pts in the end. Happy pirate!
Oh and a very sizable and loud pirate contingent in the crowd!

Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 09:59
Great second half— 6 tries in the match and not one converted— how common is that ?
The singing could be heard all the way to the main road. A Richmond fan said the game here against the Pirates is the best all season whatever the score.

Surrey Pirate (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 11:20
In all honesty, Richmond will be seriously disappointed to only have built a 10-0 lead given the extent of the amount of ball and territory they had. The most worrying thing for me in that opening period was the total forward domination for Richmond. My fellow Pirates fans around where I was sitting all agreed that we were so lucky to only be two points adrift at the break. Good second half from Pirates, particularly the last 20 minutes.

Longrockerz1 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 11:49
Surrey Pirate,
Quote:
My fellow Pirates fans around where I was sitting all agreed that we were so lucky to only be two points adrift at the break. Good second half from Pirates, particularly the last 20 minutes.

In the words of a famous old golfer (not sure who). "The more I practice, the luckier I get"!!

SJP (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 17:45

In the words of a famous old golfer (not sure who). "The more I practice, the luckier I get"!![/quote]

Twas Gary Player.

EDF Trophy Winners 2007
B & I Cup Winners 2010

tomthepom (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 19:34
[quote SJP]..

In the words of a famous old golfer (not sure who). "The more I practice, the luckier I get"!![/quote]

Twas Gary Player.[/quote]

GP definitely said this, but it isn't universally agreed that the phrase originated with him...

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/07/14/luck/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net