rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Kyle Moyle
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2019 16:04
It has been mentioned this afternoon on Radio Cornwall twitter that Kyle has been ruled out for the season due to the knee injury that he sustained in last weeks defeat at Ealing.
If true that's a big blow not only to the club but also to Kyle who has been fantastic this season and become one of the best full backs in the league.

Re: Kyle Moyle
*Stalwart (IP Logged)
02 March, 2019 16:50
Great shame, he's been a star for us.

cheshire exile (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 13:48
Bad news comes in threes; Christian Judge’s departure, Toby Freeman’s suspension and now Kyle very unfortunate injury.
If we are to hang 8n to fifth place, a few people are go8ngnto have to step up, given some of the tough fixtures ahead.
Hopefully Kyle can come back even better after his layoff. He’s has a great season.

wigston pirate (IP Logged)
05 March, 2019 08:32
Kyle has been superb all season and a shame he will not be playing any further this season. A oppertunity for others to step in and impress.

(Sm109)

old prop steve (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 11:42
Was only a few yards away when I saw it happen. He was thrown into touch on the artificial surface and it looked a bad one from the moment he lay there. Whether it was the gang tackle itself or the pitch I don't know but I am sure the pitch didn't help.

I understand all the economic and continual usage arguments regarding G4 pitches but I can't help having mixed feelings about them. I seem to recall Paul Andrew picking up a long term injury on exactly the same spot a couple of years ago. Jack Nowell makes a point of not playing on the one up in Newcastle. As a top star he can probably afford to pick his games but most have to just get on with it.

These pitches are probably the way forward but there is still some way still to go regarding the technical development of them.

SJP (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 14:27
Quote:
old prop steve
Was only a few yards away when I saw it happen. He was thrown into touch on the artificial surface and it looked a bad one from the moment he lay there. Whether it was the gang tackle itself or the pitch I don't know but I am sure the pitch didn't help.
I understand all the economic and continual usage arguments regarding G4 pitches but I can't help having mixed feelings about them. I seem to recall Paul Andrew picking up a long term injury on exactly the same spot a couple of years ago. Jack Nowell makes a point of not playing on the one up in Newcastle. As a top star he can probably afford to pick his games but most have to just get on with it.

These pitches are probably the way forward but there is still some way still to go regarding the technical development of them.

They are costly but the Desso grass pitches are the best. I believe Wembley, Twickenham, The Emirates ad Selhurst Park hve them. Natural grass with artificial intertwined.

EDF Trophy Winners 2007
B & I Cup Winners 2010

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 22:47
It would be interesting to see if there are actually more injuries on artificial pitches, or are they just different injuries? There are certainly risks with grass pitches, especially if they are not well maintained. You get potholes and uneven surfaces where players can sustain nasty knee and ankle injuries - and at other times the pitches can be rock hard from frost or long periods of dry weather. I guess the science of artificial pitches is improving and they will become safer over time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net