rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Sam Matavesi signs for Toulouse
jauzy19 (IP Logged)
06 April, 2019 18:46
only for the end of the french season.

He's been signed as a medical cover for the injuries of Julien Marchand and Leo Ghiraldini

Re: Sam Matavesi signs for Toulouse
piratepilot (IP Logged)
06 April, 2019 18:48
Quote:
jauzy19
only for the end of the french season.
He's been signed as a medical cover for the injuries of Julien Marchand and Leo Ghiraldini

Does this mean Dan Frost is our only fit hooker?

welshpirate (IP Logged)
06 April, 2019 19:49
Great for Sam, incredible in fact. As for the Pirates not sure where the next win is coming from if we don't beat LS next week and this doesn't help. Be surprised if Sam is with us next season to be honest, he is on the radar of bigger clubs now.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
06 April, 2019 20:34
Brilliant for him, but bad news for us.

cheshire exile (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 13:20
I thought he had signed a new contract earlier this season?

old prop steve (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 13:34
A few Championship clubs have gone the same way as the Pirates did with Chris Judge and loaned out players to higher ranked clubs as a highly lucrative source of additional income.

Unless a club is locked in either a promotion race or a relegation dogfight and hence With nothing much now to play for other than pride it makes financial sense.

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 14:42
Quote:
old prop steve
A few Championship clubs have gone the same way as the Pirates did with Chris Judge and loaned out players to higher ranked clubs as a highly lucrative source of additional income.
Unless a club is locked in either a promotion race or a relegation dogfight and hence With nothing much now to play for other than pride it makes financial sense.

Agree, Steve - also the lad gets experience at a big club in the top flight. Just hope they don't like him too much and sign him up!

SAWTRY_PIRATE (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 19:52
Correct me if i`m wrong, but isn`t Sam part connected/employed with the RAF, RNAS or one of the similar services? If so, surely it wouldn`t be so easy for one of the lets say Premier teams to sign him up unless there was an agreement between them? I guess it suits both parties here in Cornwall as I he must be based with the services locally.
Are contracts worth the paper they are written on? I don`t know.
We have a great board of owners and directors. They wouldn`t sanction this if it wasn`t good for our club.
My gut feeling is that we have little to worry about. What will be, will be!

wigston pirate (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 10:51
Sam will be missed there is no doubt about this but I am sure we will be getting cover should Sam leave.

(Sm109)

truropirate (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 15:20
SAWTRY
Sam is stationed at RNAS Culdrose with the Navy so if he does go they would have to give permission which has been done with other players in the top flight leagues.

jauzy19 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 18:33
He will be on loan with Toulouse.

He will play with the Navy in early may too, so he will miss the home game against Pau.

cheshire exile (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 20:50
Is that the game against Paul? 😂

welshpirate (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 17:40
Just watching Toulouse v Clermont, fabulous match. 47-44. Sam solid with one line out throw in which went fine. Don't he'll be coming back. Why would you if you could play in front of 30,000?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net