rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Rhodri McAtee
cornishbob (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 14:39
Rhodri plays his last game today for Camborne. I'm sure you'll join me in thanking him for all those magic moments he's given us through the years. Hopefully he'll stay involved in some way.

Re: Rhodri McAtee
Salty Dog (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 16:50
Saw him have some awesome games for the Pirates. A fast, agile and exiting (game changing) player. All the best for the future and thanks for the memories.(Sm128)

1spy (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 17:08
Watched him play for Wales in the Dubai Sevens.Class player.All the best for the future.

old prop steve (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 19:58
One of the Pirates true entertainers - and a great lad too! We somehow let him go at least 2 years too soon.

1spy (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 17:52
Rhodri has written a very nice article in the TRP this week "My Life in Rugby"worth a read.

wigston pirate (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 20:04
Read the article in TRP and Rhodri was very happy at the Pirates when other opportunities were offered to him. His commitment was just fantastic and the X factor thrown is as well. Would tackle the biggest person on the pitch without any hesitation even though he looked as though he weighed about 7 stone and a wet day on the pitch. A legend of a Pirate.

(Sm109)

welshpirate (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 20:56
A true legend who put bums on seats with his electric play. I remember his debut against Bristol on a really hot day, he stood out from the start. Glad to see he has been summarising on the radio recently.

cheshire exile (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 16:08
I remember his extraordinary try against Doncaster at Kenwyn when he must have covered most of the pitch and beaten virtually every Donny player.
A real one-off.

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
18 April, 2019 07:55
h Cheshire,I remember it well. he got the ball standing still on his own 10m line with 28 other players in front of him and he ran past them all, with about 9 trying to tackle him. i thought it was Newbury though. Your wore red....

SJP (IP Logged)
18 April, 2019 08:30
Quote:
2Harbourview
h Cheshire,I remember it well. he got the ball standing still on his own 10m line with 28 other players in front of him and he ran past them all, with about 9 trying to tackle him. i thought it was Newbury though. Your wore red....

It was definitely Doncaster, it must be up there in the best ever Pirates tries.

EDF Trophy Winners 2007
B & I Cup Winners 2010

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
23 April, 2019 10:36
Thanks SJP - I have referenced it as the best try I have ever seen live. Now I know who it was against

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net