rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Pirates v Yorkies
*Stalwart (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 21:30
Weather is going be ansum - let's get to The Mennaye and cheer the boys on. We could do with a win, but we'll support the Pirates win or lose, through thick and thin.

Re: Pirates v Yorkies
*Stalwart (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 17:51
Brilliant effort from the boys. Desire and team spirit got us through, in the second half especially. We survived three sin binnings - two of which were very harsh IMO. Frosty deservedly got man on the match - he was everywhere! Great for the boys to get this win after a series of losses. Just shows that with a bit of tweaking we are very close to be being a top team.

bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 18:34
Sorry "Stalwart", you are entitled to your views and I respect you for that, but I reckon it'll need a bit more that "tweaking" as you put it.....and I'm not the only one who thinks so!!!
Anyway, the home season is over as far as we are concerned, and we did end the campaign with a win, and no thanks to a poor referee.
Lets enjoy the summer and see what other exciting news awaits us before next September!!!

cornishbob (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 19:45
Agree about the ref Bolingey, it seemed he was more concerned about being the main man and showing us so than letting the game flow. Despite that and 2 very harsh sin binnings we came out victors, and deservedly so. As for a few tweakings I think we are beginning to see the makings of a really top side side, complete with some summer signings coming aboard. My cup is never half empty.

2Harbourview (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 20:56
How good was that? Marker for me was that a very strong and talented Yorks side completely lost it in the last 10 mins such was the pressure we had put on them. Great defensive effort as others said with 14 on the field for half the game. Tom D's card was mistaken identity and the one for Cant was just a very poor decision. You could tell from the reaction of the Yorks players that it was a fair contest.
I had committed to only saying positive things on here but agree with others the ref was poor. He refereed with no sympathy and the game did not flow. Too many stoppages. We played some really intelligent football, notably at the breakdown where we raelised early on that they were not defending the ruck and we made a lot of ground down the middle. Two outstanding individual tries for Cant and Frost, who was great value for MoM. Along with big Tom, he got through an astonishing amount of work.
That was a really great result and well deserved

Pirate15 (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 22:08
Very pleased with the win particularly for the coaches and players as you could see the effort they were putting in and how much it meant to them at the final whistle.
Make no mistake this was a powerful Yorkshire Carnegie side who despite their well publicised money problems have a budget almost double ours for this season.
It wasn't a faultless display not helped by some dubious officiating but it was a welcome 4 points after a disappointing run of defeats.
I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned chairman Paul Durkins comment of 'some very good news soon' at the awards ceremony at the end of the game.

cheshire exile (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 11:19
Watched on Facebook, great result after many nerve racking moments. Hats off to our place kickers who made the difference.
Looking forward to this “very good news”; could it possibly be the return ofChris Stirling?

Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 11:28
Good result seeing how we played 30mins with 14– I wonder how many games we lost because of sending offs ?

wigston pirate (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 15:42
At long last a victory and by all accounts well deserved. Will be at Donny this week for the final match and then a bit of relaxation before the new season starts. Looking forward to see who and what arrivals are planned over the next couple of months.

(Sm109)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net