rugbyunion
Latest News:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Paul Durkins comment of 'some very good news soon' at the awards ceremony at the end of the game.
AggiePirate (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 19:10
So what do we reckon it could be? My money is on a firm start date for the stadium.

Re: Paul Durkins comment of 'some very good news soon' at the awards ceremony at the end of the game.
*Stalwart (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 19:40
Hope that's it - we've waited a bleddy long time.

Re: Paul Durkins comment of 'some very good news soon' at the awards ceremony at the end of the game.
Pirate4ever (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 22:24
Nah it will be Sterling

Radioman2 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2019 09:37
Chris Stirling new DoR

ascloseasthis (IP Logged)
23 April, 2019 12:18
Why all this speculation about Chris Stirling? I support the coaching team we have fully. If I was one of them I would be a little peed off

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
23 April, 2019 14:10
Quote:
ascloseasthis
Why all this speculation about Chris Stirling? I support the coaching team we have fully. If I was one of them I would be a little peed off
When Chris was with us before his title was High Performance Manager. If he was to return, presumably he'd be more of a big picture man allowing Gav and Paves to concentrate on the squad, training, match prep etc.

23 April, 2019 19:52
Whatís a high performance manager? Is it worth the money, an extra level of expense, really donít see the point

*Stalwart (IP Logged)
24 April, 2019 09:23
Quote:
ascloseasthis
Whatís a high performance manager? Is it worth the money, an extra level of expense, really donít see the point
All I would say is that he did a hell of a job when he was here before - and he has vast experience at a very high level in NZ. He's also turned things around at Leeds in a very short time.

cheshire exile (IP Logged)
24 April, 2019 09:57
ďThe pointĒ surely is that we lost seven games on the trot after a fantastic start to the season.

old prop steve (IP Logged)
24 April, 2019 10:14
A Director of Rugby/High Perf Manager and a coach are very distinct roles. Just about every other club in the top 2 divisions has one which reflects that distinction.

A coach - however dedicated - can hardly be expected to do full justice to his skills/tactics job on the training field with the squad whilst somehow also trying to manage the medical, conditioning , analysis, media, budget, recruitment, contracts, dual registered liaison etc etc etc.all of which determine ultimate success or failure on match days.

24 April, 2019 18:12
Welcome back Mr Stirling. DoR and a terrific team of coachís. Letís hope itís money well spent. Sometimes I just canít get my head around this game that I love

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net