Latest news:
Unofficial Cornish Pirates Fans Forum

Squad News Update
Discussion started by Phil W , 30 April, 2019 19:07
Squad News Update
Phil W 30 April, 2019 19:07
In this modern world of social media and loose lips certain information (sometimes ultimately correct and sometimes not) is almost impossible to hold on to. However, the bottom line is nothing is official until it's official - and for good reason.

It is fair that at the campaign's end supporters like to have an update of the squad news and how things stand for next season. This is understandable and we always get such information 'out there' when practical. For the end of this season this should be very soon, so please be patient (most are) for a due list to be released in the very near future.

Also, of course, there will be further new signings to be announced, but only, naturally, after a range of due processes have been followed.

Thank-you, Phil W

(On a separate note, following the sad news reference Arthur King can I express my condolences to his wife Jenny and family. A great supporter, Arthur was also to his credit a fine man)

Re: Squad News Update
cornishbob 30 April, 2019 20:29
Fair dues Phil, well said.

old prop steve 01 May, 2019 09:32
We should also bear in mind that with Chris Stirling now appointed he will probably have his eyes on some alternative potential recruits - some possibly from NZ. Who knows?

Remember none of us in Cornwall had ever heard of either Blair Cowan or Johnny Bentley who both came directly fom his contacts. This may take a few weeks. We clearly still need 2-3 more back-row men, another lock and now another fly-half to replace Willis and perhaps another fullback/winger as well.

We just need to be patient folks!!

Longrockerz1 01 May, 2019 16:10
More news on the offy site:-
Squad update

News Re-Maliq:-
Maliq re-signs

Some players I'm very surprised to see are leaving others not so. Glad to see Maliq re-signed, IMO he has improved a lot since the start of the season. Already getting restless feet, looking forward to the new season ahead.

*Stalwart 01 May, 2019 17:31
Always sad to say goodbye to players we love watching. Personally I'm particularly sad that Dan Koster is leaving - a brilliant player and a great guy.

Pirate15 01 May, 2019 17:38
Disappointed that Javier Rojas Alvarez is leaving as I thought he offered something different and could play in a number of positions across the backline.
I heard that both Dan Lee and Tyler Gendall are taking a break from full time rugby and judging by some of the others limited game time there is no surprises.

welshpirate 01 May, 2019 20:22
All the players leaving have given 100%. Thank you guys!

wigston pirate 01 May, 2019 20:46
At the end of the day Once A Pirate Always A Pirate,

(Sm109)

2Harbourview 04 May, 2019 02:21
real shame about Gendall. thought he had superstar potential. good luck to those leaving

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net