rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

MESSAGES->author
Re: Playing squad updates
Kimbo (IP Logged)
08 June, 2015 19:19
Tincknell is a class act who has gone through the mill somewhat, and will hopefully shine at Cov.
Weightman, I know nowt about, but this clip of him winning the Try of the Month is quite interesting Filmette

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
10 June, 2015 14:35
Topped up with the latest updates

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
12 June, 2015 09:36
I note on Rolling Maul that Rhys Williams has now signed for Mose. It seems to indicate that it is for a contract and not DR.

thomas senior
tom snr (IP Logged)
12 June, 2015 12:37
Yes Kimbo that seems to be the assumption from reading the press release.

CharlieBravo
14 June, 2015 19:09
If Rhys Williams is the fellow who joined us late in the season, and whose first appearance was when he came on at Richmond, I have to say I don't think he'll be any great loss. In fact my feeling was that his publicity grossly overstated his playing abilities.

timdouglas1
timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
14 June, 2015 20:10
He scored a try on debut, put himself about a bit. I thought he did ok. Hurrell and Rundle are a pretty hard act to follow.

Spookykid
Spookykid (IP Logged)
22 June, 2015 16:14
Two more locks, and the unfortunate news that Pierre has indeed picked up a serious injury...

[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
22 June, 2015 19:08
Very sad to see Pierre's long-term injury confirmed. Here's hoping he comes back fitter and stronger.

And nice to see that we appear to be plugging the obvious gaps (from last season) in the tight five. That's quite a hefty pack being put together.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
01 July, 2015 11:19
Alex Woodburn converts to Cov, and Thomas Hughes jpins

CT article source

Spookykid
Spookykid (IP Logged)
01 July, 2015 12:21
Quote:
OldNick
Alex Woodburn converts to Cov, and Thomas Hughes jpins
CT article source

I was impressed with Alex Woodburn, so this is great news. I know nothing about Thomas Hughes, but another Kiwi is always welcome!

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
01 July, 2015 12:35
Trying to find out anything about Thomas Hughes via Google is very difficult. A previous person of that name was the author of Tom Brown's School Days - which was set in Rugby!

I agree re Alex Woodburn.

PaulRossborough
PaulRossborough (IP Logged)
02 July, 2015 06:37
With the squad coming along nicely, I do wonder whether we will have room for DR players who I think have served us well last season in particular. I can't help thinking they add something to the squad, perhaps the higher level experience, albeit only training and the odd game but they seem to bring a different, enthusiastic intensity and I think we will miss them not being on the pitch.i guess the DR'S have a point to prove.

All views expressed in this post, are my own

MESSAGES->author
Bono546 (IP Logged)
02 July, 2015 14:59
Paul at the moment I disagree with you. To have a squad of paid professionals giving commitment as a team must be better than having people come in for the odd game. I accept we have had some really good DR players Ed Milne, Lewis Ludlam to name but two. Surely though to have good players available from the squad is the better option.
One thing I have noticed especially last year was how the team played for one another and how they bonded as a group. Not having DR's will only enhance this team spirit for next year. I am sure the players signing have been told of the desire to make this the year we get back to the championship and that is why some are signing. Scott has brought about this team spirit and even if his playing days are over he will use his knowledge and experience to make sure all the players go that extra mile for the team - as will the supporters

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
02 July, 2015 19:43
Totally agree Bono - but there's still plenty of time for DRs to be announced.

CharlieBravo
04 July, 2015 14:38
Quite agree, Bono, that's a very fair assessment of the situation re DR players. I particularly like your summary as to how the team bonded and played for each other in a spirit which has to be the result of Scott's management.
I can't wait for this season.

Spookykid
Spookykid (IP Logged)
14 July, 2015 12:27
Interesting newsletter where Scott Morgan confirms much of what has been previously mentioned, plus a few things that might be new news -

- Luke Myring has retired, as well as previously reported Barry Davies and Chris Locke.
- Jacques Le Roux is definitely retained, which should put some people's mind at rest (including mine!).
- Brett Daynes has left to take up a player/coach role.
- Danny Wright likely to concentrate on the back row, rather than in the second row.
- Scott will make himself available if needed.
- In the process of signing at least one scrum half, with ongoing trials on a couple of others (as mentioned in Thursday's Telegraph).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/07/2015 16:03 by Spookykid.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
14 July, 2015 13:34
The bit about the scrum half trialists was mentioned in JW's Telegraph article last Thursday - unless there is a new article in the paper today...

Spookykid
Spookykid (IP Logged)
14 July, 2015 16:04
Corrected, thanks Kimbo!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/07/2015 16:05 by Spookykid.

Spookykid
Spookykid (IP Logged)
15 July, 2015 19:31
Looks like the rumours of signing Andy Powell are just that, as he has signed for Merthyr Rfc. Perhaps they outbid us?

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
15 July, 2015 19:57
Phew!

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
15 July, 2015 20:59
Seconded.

zinzanh
zinzanh (IP Logged)
18 July, 2015 08:44
Would have been a good @@@@ up though.

PaulRossborough
PaulRossborough (IP Logged)
18 July, 2015 20:01
Dan Rundle - Broken leg and dislocated ankle in training - Out for 3-4 months! Big loss in my book (Sm18)

All views expressed in this post, are my own

Tim Smith
Tim Smith (IP Logged)
26 July, 2015 09:29
Good luck to Brett Daynes, now with Cambridge. Always gave a 100% and an ever-present for a couple of seasons

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
26 July, 2015 09:46
Yes, I noticed that about Brett. He was down for ONs initially IIRC. I'd say Cambridge is a bit nearer to his level, so yes, good luck to him.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net