rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

CharlieBravo
Re: Playing squad updates
26 July, 2015 17:25
I reckon Cambridge will be very much better for having signed Brett. He'll be a loss to us. Very, very best wishes Brett, and thanks for all that you've done and achieved for Cov.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
28 July, 2015 16:54
A few minor updates today to departed players.

thomas senior
tom snr (IP Logged)
10 August, 2015 13:51
Barry Davies has re-emerged as signing for Rosslyn Park, his local club, whilst Mark Kohler is also at RP after leaving Plymouth Albion-that has been known for some months but only just released by RP.

tom little

thomas senior
tom snr (IP Logged)
17 August, 2015 17:26
Prop Henry Sandys is now at Henley Hawks.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
17 August, 2015 17:35
Full transfer presumably?

jnjmaxwell@hotmail.com
Maxee (IP Logged)
18 August, 2015 11:22
Barry Davies: That's a turn up for the books.

Just reading the Rosslyn Park Newsletter. 18 new recruits in total of decent pedigree on paper... Interesting to see how they go against Cardiff this weekend.

jnjmaxwell@hotmail.com
Maxee (IP Logged)
18 August, 2015 13:22
The more I think about it, whilst I doubt Barry will improve their starting XV... How useful will it be for them to have a guy who knows their main rival so well? A spy in the camp if you like.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
18 August, 2015 14:41
I don't think Barry will be able to add anything much to what Park already know following last season (and I doubt he knows much about this season's set-up TBF).

'Streetwise
'Streetwise (IP Logged)
18 August, 2015 15:21
Not much pre-season coverage of Martin Wolfenden, the lock recruited from Cambridge. Listed as Wolfsenden in the player list.

John Wilkinson
John Wilkinson (IP Logged)
18 August, 2015 16:33
Believe Martin is currently injured, possibly awaiting a scan on a knee issue.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
18 August, 2015 19:18
And the typo is my responsibility

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead (IP Logged)
20 August, 2015 23:49
HarrIson Lee Everton named on the bench for Saturday's London Welsh game, is he a trial its?

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
21 August, 2015 00:13
Yes, I've chosen not to list trialists.

Tim Smith
Tim Smith (IP Logged)
17 December, 2015 08:32
Ampthill: ‘Tis the season to be jolly…isn’t it?

[coventryrfc.me]

AgentB
Street (IP Logged)
29 December, 2015 11:57
Has Liam Munro joined another club?

AgentB
Street (IP Logged)
29 December, 2015 16:02
LM has joined Southam RFC I have been told.
Shame as he is obviously too good for that level but has a new baby and not much Rugby due to injury last couple of season's.
perhaps just wants a run out with his pals, best of luck to him.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
29 December, 2015 18:26
Thanks for that AgentB. I'll add it to the half-season update I'm in the process of preparing at the moment.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
04 January, 2016 13:12
Updated the top post of this topic with squad and associated players from the first half gf this season.

Tim Smith
Tim Smith (IP Logged)
04 January, 2016 16:34
Great job, Nick. Thanks...

..must have taken you forever!

Tim

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
04 January, 2016 16:54
Quote:
Tim Smith
Great job, Nick. Thanks...
..must have taken you forever!

Tim

Surprisingly little time.

A few minutes when the team sheet is issued updating my spreadsheet with that weeks expected players.

Slightly longer after the game updating from match reports and Statbunker to catch the players playing in NL2 N&S

A couple of minutes to manually sort it based on totals

Half an hour this morning deciding which items to copy and to format them. Updating in future will take less time.

eggshape
eggshape (IP Logged)
04 January, 2016 23:35
A lot of injured players throughout the first half of the season.and a fair few what would be first choice.no wounder we are going through a tough spell.you don't realise till you look down the list.

AgentB
Street (IP Logged)
22 February, 2016 08:46
Wolfenden signed for Clifton.

CharlieBravo
23 February, 2016 10:57
Where did you get the info from, AgentB?
We have so rarely seen him play this season since he came to us (from Cambridge?)that he's been impossible to assess, but when I saw him play (against Hull Ionians, I think) I thought he was a good player - very solid, good in defence and a strong presence. If he has moved on it's a shame because we never saw the best of him.
As a matter of interest, does anyone else remember the days when we had a number of players from Clifton? Back in the Coundon Road days there were several players whose roots were in the Bristol area. I seem to recall that Julian Horrobin was one. Standing by his dad in the cowshed was an experience. There were several other players from the Bristol area too, but my memory for their names is letting me down. Can anyone help?

Paul Ingleston
Paul Ingleston (IP Logged)
23 February, 2016 11:58
Cliff, there were a few around that time, mainly brought in by Del Boy, Alan Sharp, Andy Blackmore, David John, Rich Patten (?), Crayton Phillips. There might have been a few more but those are the ones that spring to mind.

AgentB
Street (IP Logged)
23 February, 2016 14:54
Wolfenden may have opted for Shelford. Applogies - I will try and confirm where he has gone.

Doug Woodman part of that group from Briz.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net