rugbyunion
Latest News:

CharlieBravo
Supporters Club
18 May, 2016 06:35
Following the successful Members Forum last night I have been asked to put the following message onto this board -

It is intended to re-launch the CRFC Supporters’ Club.
The idea has the support and backing of Rowland Winter who met with various supporters during recent weeks and learned more about the previous incarnation of the SC (in the Coundon Road days).
As a result he convened a meeting last week with six supporters/members to finalise the realisation of the concept.
The benefits of an official SC are far reaching. It will operate under the slogan “Our City - Our Club”, will be officially recognised by CRFC and will therefore be a channel through which frequent and open communication with supporters will be a priority. RW will lend his support at training sessions (which will be open) and will provide news as to team selection, information, gossip, insights, etc. A sales/merchandise point will be located at the ground to sell membership, merchandise, etc, and one of the benefits of membership will include discounted access to sponsors’ businesses, made available through an “infinity pack”. A supporters’ coach for travel to away games will also be a priority.
It was agreed that the SC will need to appoint officers, as follows:-
Chairman,
Treasurer,
Secretary,
Fund Raiser/Events Coordinator
Publicity/Media Coordinator
Officers (Committee Members) x 2
If you would like to put your name forward (or submit someone else’s name) in respect of any of the above roles please forward an email to Cliff Bennett (cliffbennett13@gmail.com) . Unfortunately the Job Description for each role, which we had hoped, is not available but the details will be discussed at the next meeting.
The first formal meeting of the Supporters’ Club will be at BPA on Thursday 23rd June, when voting for the committee roles will take place and a structure agreed for the way forward. This meeting will be open to all - members and non-members - and it is hoped that as many as possible will make use of the opportunity to be present and to help re-launch the SC.
With the avowed support of RW and official recognition from CRFC, the Supporters’ Club is an exciting opportunity for a vibrant and enthusiastic close liaison with the Coventry rugby family
OUR CITY - OUR CLUB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2016 09:10 by Cov_InPeace.

Nige H
Re: Supporters Club
Nige H (IP Logged)
18 May, 2016 08:15
This is great news and will add to the feeling of engagement that suporters need.
Cliff, il drop you an email later when i can get on a pc instead of my ipad.

Nigel h

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2016 09:13 by Cov_InPeace.

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
18 May, 2016 09:23
Morning gents - just thought I'd let you know I've done a very minor edit here. I've literally put the 'u' in supporters!

I did this just because it tidies up the menu - as a matter of course I wouldn't amend the actual content of anyone's postings except in very extreme circumstances. Hope this is OK.

Russ.

Nige H
Nige H (IP Logged)
18 May, 2016 11:03
Morning CIP, no problem at all, feel free to correct all my typos and spelling mistakes!
Although you may be there a while! ;-)

Nigel

Cliff, Ive sent you an email.

RichC87
RichC87 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2016 11:47
This sounds really promising, I think the lack of information passed on to the supporters has been something that has frustrated many of us. Will be good to have a feeling of involvement

captainscarlet
18 May, 2016 12:07
Well done to cliff and others for bringing back, what was and should be a staple of the rugby club.
The new impetus and a completely different mind set from RW was invigorating to listen to last night. A dynamic approach to RUGBY and all the add ons that go to make the game we love even better.With this in mind it gives a wonderful time to acknowledge the supporters club of the past and all that it brought with it and an opportune moment to reignite the passion that many of us feel for OUR CLUB AND OUR CITY.Be it in what ever guise you feel comfortable contributing.

CovL3wis96
CovL3wis96 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2016 12:58
I've emailed you cliff.

An opportunity to get involved with the club and sport i have the most passion for, being young i believe there's a lot i can contribute towards and really help wherever possible.

It's what the club has been crying out for such a along time too.

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead (IP Logged)
18 May, 2016 17:58
One of the great benefits of a supporters club will be the away supporters coach becoming a regular asset for venues within reasonable travel times.

CharlieBravo
19 May, 2016 07:49
There's an announcement on the official club website. In addition to being welcome, it also confirms by inference that the Supporters Club will be recognised by CRFC.

CharlieBravo
20 May, 2016 11:57
The club has confirmed that the meeting on 23rd June will be held in the Millerchip Room at the BPA at 19.30 hours.

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
20 May, 2016 12:07
Quote:
Charliebravo (Cliff Bennett)
The club has confirmed that the meeting on 23rd June will be held in the Millerchip Room at the BPA at 19.30 hours.

Hi Cliff,

For now I've stuck this in the 'Next Game' feature, which appears towards the bottom of the main page. As it gets closer, remind me again and we'll make it a news item at the top of the page.

Cheers,

Russ.

CharlieBravo
20 May, 2016 12:21
Cheers Russ.

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead (IP Logged)
20 May, 2016 16:23
Will be there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/05/2016 16:30 by Peter Redhead.

CharlieBravo
20 May, 2016 16:45
Look forward to meeting you Peter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net