rugbyunion
Latest News:

John Wilkinson
Fans Forum
John Wilkinson (IP Logged)
03 January, 2017 16:58
THE Fans Forum series continues next Tuesday, January 10, at Butts Park Arena at 7.30pm (bar open from 7pm) – all supporters welcome.
Head of Community Rugby, Matt Price will talk about the work of the club’s community team and the current programme before Director of Rugby, Rowland Winter delivers an update on rugby matter and takes questions.

Wazeroonie
Re: Fans Forum
Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
03 January, 2017 18:57
I'm obviously in the wrong job, I seem to always be at work when these supporters evenings are on this season. At least I get weekends of for the matches tho.

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead (IP Logged)
03 January, 2017 19:10
Guess what one of the questions will be?

captainscarlet
03 January, 2017 19:19
is it...is richard cockerell coming back to coventry

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
05 January, 2017 20:24
Can you join the Supporters Club at this? Is membership seasonal, pro rata or 12 month's roling?

Jean H
Jean H (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 09:27
Fairly good turn out for forum last night,not as many as before.As usual Roland Winter was open and honest in all his comments which give fans a big insight to what is going on at club.John Sharp also spoke and was his usual upfront on all matters relating to behind the scenes and what hopefully will be happening in the near future.Just one hiccup,could a microphone be used next time,John talks so quietly at times difficult to hear him.

ccfc87
ccfc87 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 15:43
Hi a Sky Blues fan here was anything mentioned at the meeting about Cov City's becoming involved at Butts . I no ticket office is there but mean about the team moving there . Thanks

John Butler
John Butler (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 16:13
Jon Sharp ruled out firmly any involvement with the Sky Blues,. The involvement though with Coventry United & their ladies was brought up by JS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2017 16:14 by John Butler.

ccfc87
ccfc87 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 16:51
Thanks for reply . Did Jon Sharp give any reason why Sky Blues won't have involvement . Our chairman said he was working with Jon . We need some good news.

Moosemagic
Moosemagic (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 17:43
Go figure

Phil Reynolds

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 17:53
Quote:
ccfc87
Thanks for reply . Did Jon Sharp give any reason why Sky Blues won't have involvement . Our chairman said he was working with Jon . We need some good news.

I think the good news is that CCFC are only two games away from Wembley. smiling smiley

Off the pitch though, I'm not sure that anyone here will know definitively why the potential ground share isn't likely to happen.

My own (entirely personal) opinion is that there are simply too many hurdles to overcome for such a big project, and it'll be a lot simpler and quicker for CRFC to get something off the ground with a smaller club like Cov United.

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 20:32
Quote:
Cov_InPeace
Quote:
ccfc87

I think the good news is that CCFC are only two games away from Wembley. smiling smiley

Off the pitch though, I'm not sure that anyone here will know definitively why the potential ground share isn't likely to happen.

My own (entirely personal) opinion is that there are simply too many hurdles to overcome for such a big project, and it'll be a lot simpler and quicker for CRFC to get something off the ground with a smaller club like Cov United.

1. The Butts is too small for Coventry City's requirements.
2. The space at The Butts can be better utilised for Coventry Rugbys benefit. Health Centre with gym and spa, fast food franchise outlet, and high end restaurant...maybe even hotel to back up conferenc/function facilities which I believe are showing growth.

ccfc87
ccfc87 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 22:05
Thanks for the replies seems things arent as theyve been said by our club , good luck for rest of the season

albie
Geoff Kennedy (IP Logged)
14 January, 2017 10:25
Hi CCFC87, seems like the media are playing a part in speculating that some sort of ground share between Sky Blues and ourselves might become reality in the future. They are way off the mark.
We all sympathise with City for the predicament they find themselves in and hope SISU sever ties with the football club.
I hope that our Sky Blue fans remain loyal to their beloved club and that the football club will once again play in the higher divisions - just as we at the Butts are similarly loyal and hopeful.
You are always welcome at the Butts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2017 10:27 by Geoff Kennedy.

timdouglas1
timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
14 January, 2017 11:55
Geoff, you have summed it up perfectly. I honestly believe CCFC would get council funding towards a new ground, but not while SISU are in charge

ccfc87
ccfc87 (IP Logged)
14 January, 2017 19:50
Thanks for replys . Biggest concern now is not going to league 2 .

poplarside
poplarside (IP Logged)
14 January, 2017 20:24
For problems that can occur when a Rugby club takes in a Football club see Nuneaton RFC/ Nuneaton Town FC dispute which is ongoing .

ccfc87
ccfc87 (IP Logged)
18 January, 2017 19:06
Have you seen this in observer . [coventryobserver.co.uk]

Moosemagic
Moosemagic (IP Logged)
18 January, 2017 19:24
And your point is What? The article is regurgitated rubbish where sisu blame everyone and anyone for their complete mismanagement of Coventry City. If it is true that JS has said that he will not deal with sisu then obviously while they are in charge CCFC will never play at the BPA. However If sisu were to sell the club then the obvious move for the new owners would be to negotiate with Wasps.
Your biggest concern should not be being relegated to Div 2 it should be the owners and what they will do with the club come the end game.

Phil Reynolds

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
18 January, 2017 20:02
Gentlemen, entertaining as it, the Sky Blues have their own forum.

There are a wide range of strong opinions and some very heated debate regarding the actions of CCFC, SISU, Wasps and the Council over there, and I think that's perhaps a better place for it.

CCFC87 asked a reasonable question regarding the rugby club, I think he's got his answer - is it OK to leave it at that.

I love CCFC, and I could talk all day about what I think has gone on there - but I honestly don't think dragging those arguments and all of that anger onto this board is a particularly good idea. Let's stick to the rugby, please. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Coventry Poll

Where will we finish at the end of the 2016 - 17 season?

See results > Submit >>