rugbyunion
Latest News:

Unofficial Coventry Rugby
Macclesfield 14 - 37 Coventry
Unofficial Coventry Rugby (IP Logged)
07 January, 2017 17:24
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

covkid53
Re: Macclesfield 14 - 37 Coventry
covkid53 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 21:33
A good win in properly muddy conditions judging by the highlights video I saw. The mud on boots, socks and shorts in sharp contrast to the Wasps players on Sunday.

Proper rugby on a cold, muddy day "in't narth", well done.

Camera Shake
Camera Shake (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 07:50
Highlights on Youtube - link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W3imP5Pjzc

Tip
Tip (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 16:51
Looks like a good win ground out in muddy conditions, but has the convention of the HOME TEAM changing shirt colour's in a clash changed? I.E. We played in alternative team colour's not the home team, why?

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 17:05
Quote:
Tip
Looks like a good win ground out in muddy conditions, but has the convention of the HOME TEAM changing shirt colour's in a clash changed? I.E. We played in alternative team colour's not the home team, why?

19.1 Clash of Colours

19.1.1 In the event of Clubs having clashing or similar colours:

(a) at Levels 2 to 4, the away team shall be responsible for changing its colours subject to the satisfaction of the appointed Referee.

(b) at Levels 5 and below, the home team shall be responsible for changing its colours subject to the satisfaction of the appointed Referee.

I think it was driven by home teams' sponsors wanting to see their advertising on the club's 'proper' colours, but could be wrong.

Our City http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Kimbeau/player%20cropsmall.jpg Our Club

Tip
Tip (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 17:20
I bow to your superior knowledge, being use to junior club rugby where practicality dictated home team changed.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 17:37
No need to bow. Just use Google, like I did.

Our City http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Kimbeau/player%20cropsmall.jpg Our Club

rugbyfann
rugbyfann (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 20:19
And as a trivial point, it would have been confusing if the video showed 'The Blues' playing in a different colour against a team in blue...

Wazeroonie
Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 23:06
Macclesfield put together a nice package of highlights along with an interview with the Head Coach (incidentally he is exactly how I thought a 'Giles' would be). My pick of the action was Scott Tolmie pouncing on a dropped ball and hitting warp factor for a more than a few metres.

Sam Skennel
Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 07:20
Giles is a really nice guy, to be fair. He's made a massive difference to the club culture at Macc following the previous coach's regime. I always enjoyed going there. The stories I could tell... Maybe at the next supporters night.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Coventry Poll

Where will we finish at the end of the 2016 - 17 season?

See results > Submit >>