rugbyunion
Latest News:

Coventry Rugby Supporters' Club
Plymouth
11 January, 2017 09:23
The Supporters' Club will not be running a coach to Plymouth on 11th February partly because of the cost, but also because many supporters have indicated that they would like to travel independently to the game and to make a weekend stay in Plymouth.
We have therefore been in contact with Plymouth Albion who have recommended the following hotels:-

Jury's Inn, 01752 63100. Plymouth Albion have an agreement as to discounts at this hotel, but it is not clear whether that agreement relates to teams, and therefore multiple rooms, or whether it also extends to individual bookings.
Copthorne Hotel, 01752 224161
Holiday Inn, 01752 639988
Future Inn, 0845 0945471

As soon as discounted ground entry charges have been agreed we will put a further post on this message board.

The Supporters' Club will not be running a coach to Blaydon either, on 4th March, but we will ask Blaydon for their recommendations in respect of hotels/hostelries and will post on this message board accordingly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2017 12:16 by Cov_InPeace.

Re: Plymouth
24 January, 2017 09:33
Owing to their widely publicised financial difficulties last year, Plymouth Albion have decided not to offer Supporters' Club members any form of discounted ground entry charges. Whilst this is unfortunate, and the Board member with whom I spoke was most apologetic, it is hard to reason against the simple facts and the resultant logic of their position.
This means that their standard charges will apply, as follows:-
- Adults 15.00
- Concessions 11.00
- Under 16's FOC
- Programme 2.00

There are two stands, both of which incur an additional charge:-
- The South West Comms stand - this is a covered stand but is for standing only - and costs an extra 3.00/4.00
- The Grandstand - which is covered and has seating - and costs an extra 4.00/5.00.

It is possible to buy match day tickets on-line and to present them at the entry gate. The age of the individual is rarely checked, so it would not be impossible for someone below the age of 60 years to gain entry with a concessions ticket, but this is something which Plymouth wish to be used with the utmost discretion.

MESSAGES->author
Bono546 (IP Logged)
24 January, 2017 20:22
Are you sure it is sixty. Many still use 65 indeed I think Cov are the only ones who publicise 60 as the concession point

25 January, 2017 08:44
The Plymouth Albion website states that Concessions are 65 years and over.

RichC87
RichC87 (IP Logged)
25 January, 2017 11:45
All of a sudden we are going to have the oldest travelling fan base. Wonder if I can pass for 65?

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
25 January, 2017 13:12
I might be able to pass for 65, but what I'm really wondering is with a little bit of work, can I pass for 16? smiling smiley

Alinta
Alinta (IP Logged)
27 January, 2017 19:33
The CRSC is delighted to announce the following offer which has been made to us from Plymouth:-

For 5 supporters can upgrade their match ticket to have a pint, curry and watch Wales vs England in one of their match suites. Coventry supporters can pay in the suite after the league match and enjoy Devonian hospitality courtesy of Plymouth Albion. For more details visit the Plymouth Albion website via this link [www.plymouthalbion.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/01/2017 19:35 by Alinta.

LFG1
LFG1 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2017 11:29
Looking at Plymouth's website, it says kick off at 15:00 however, if you go to the Plymouth site on rugbynetwork, it says 14:30

Can anyone confirm the kick off time please?

Cheers

Paul

CharlieBravo
11 February, 2017 10:35
When I was negotiating with Plymouth they confirmed the start time as 3.00pm.

LFG1
LFG1 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2017 11:36
Thanks Cliff, hopefully see you there

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
11 February, 2017 17:21
Disappointing result down at Plymouth but a much better, more gutsy Cov performance this week.
Heavy conditions, sleet during the warm-up and very cold during the match.
What went wrong? Too many points conceded during our yellow cards. Not enough scores during theirs. Seven line-outs list, including four on the trot late in the game when Vov were competing hard and had briefly taken the lead. A scrum that was penalised three times when pushing Plymouth back - not for early hits, but after a long push Cov were beginning to move Plym back and as Plym went down were judged to have done something wrong.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net