rugbyunion
Latest News:

Jean H
Squad list
Jean H (IP Logged)
13 March, 2017 09:17
Can anyone give an up to date squad list? I have noticed recently players names not being mentioned.e.g McBurnie,Hircock and Grace.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Squad list
OldNick (IP Logged)
13 March, 2017 10:00
A quick glance at Saturday's programme, which has a recently updated squad list, has all three still listed.

It was announced a while back that Eoghan's injury will prevent him playing for the rest of the season.

Callum was last listed as playing at Birmingham & Solihull on loan, although he doesn't appear to have played there recently.'

Corey is not getting selected now that Heath Stevens has joined Cov

Jean H
Jean H (IP Logged)
13 March, 2017 10:46
Thanks Nick,I had already looked in Saturday's programme,just thought it was strange not to
be mentioned even on injuries lists.

albie
Geoff Kennedy (IP Logged)
15 March, 2017 09:21
Jean,
As far as I can make out we have signed 6 new players and retained 16 others so far.

New Players

Latu Makaafi, Jack Preece, Alex Grove, Nile Dacres, James Neal, Harry Morley

Retained

James Litchfield. Phil Boulton, Scott Tolmie, Tom Jubb ,Brett Daynes, Olly Povoas. Pete White, Tony Fenner, Will Maisey, Tom Wheatcroft, Heath Stevens, James Stokes, Cliffie Hodgson, Andy Brown, Max Trimble, Rob Knox

In addition Jake Byrne has been promoted from the development squad (I am informed that he has yet to sign the contract on offer).

I know there will be further announcements regarding further retentions, upgrades from the development squad and new arrivals over the course of the next couple of weeks.
Hope I have no omissions - sorry If I have.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2017 14:19 by Geoff Kennedy.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
15 March, 2017 09:26
Geoff

Nile Dacres, according to the club. The other changes I have are that Jake Byrne is moving up from development to the main squad, and I think it was Tom Jubb rather than Tom Poole who was announced as staying at the same time as Latu Makaafi was announced. Let's hope it's both of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/03/2017 09:35 by OldNick.

albie
15 March, 2017 10:02
Ah Nick - you're losing it. I have not mentioned Tom Poole and was not sure if Jake Byrne's elevation to the main squad was public knowledge yet.
As stated other announcements will be forthcoming and from a personal standpoint, I hope Tom Poole, Matt Price, Rob Knox and Andy Brown are retained.
Boris' assertion that a settled team is contributing to recents raised performance levels is perhaps a sure sign of the coaching staff's thinking

Lets remain patient and leave the announcements to Rowland and the coaches.

Jean H
Jean H (IP Logged)
15 March, 2017 10:14
Many thanks Geoff,still no mention anywhere about Grace,Hircock and McBurnie!!!!!

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
15 March, 2017 11:45
Quote:
Geoff Kennedy
was not sure if Jake Byrne's elevation to the main squad was public knowledge yet.

They announced it publicly on the eighth of March Geoff. http://www.coventryrugby.co.uk/2017/03/08/history-maker-jakes-moving-up

albie
15 March, 2017 11:53
Thanks Kimbo, I hadn't read that article thoroughly. Have amended the list and will continue to do so as other announcements are made.

John Wilkinson
John Wilkinson (IP Logged)
15 March, 2017 12:13
Geoff et al

There will be more announcements as soon as things are certain, but if you read the pieces put out on Matt Price and Andy Brown in recent weeks, there are pretty big hints.

albie
Re: Squad list (updated)
21 March, 2017 14:21
I have updated the list following this week's announcements.

As far as I can make out we have signed 6 new players and retained 16 others so far.

New Players

Latu Makaafi, Jack Preece, Nile Dacres, Harry Morley, Alex Grove, James Neal,

Retained

James Litchfield. Phil Boulton, Andy Brown, Scott Tolmie, Tom Jubb ,Brett Daynes, Olly Povoas. Pete White, Tony Fenner, Will Maisey, Tom Wheatcroft, Heath Stevens, James Stokes, Cliffie Hodgson, Max Trimble, Rob Knox

In addition Jake Byrne has been promoted from the development squad (I am informed that he has yet to sign the contract on offer).

I know there will be further announcements regarding further retentions, upgrades from the development squad and new arrivals over the course of the next couple of weeks.
Hope I have no omissions - sorry If I have.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2017 14:32 by Geoff Kennedy.

titchywinger
Re: Squad list (updated)
titchywinger (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 22:40
Great to see that Phil Brown, Rob Knox and Max Trimble have been retained for next season. But farewell to Callum McBurnie. A great player who has been overlooked during the last couple of seasons. Good luck to Callum where ever he goes. Good luck as well to the other players not with us next season.

albie
28 March, 2017 21:45

As far as I can make out we have signed 6 new players and retained 18 others so far, plus one from the development squad.

New Players

Latu Makaafi, Jack Preece, Nile Dacres, Harry Morley, Alex Grove, James Neal,

Retained

James Litchfield. Phil Boulton, Andy Brown, Scott Tolmie, Matt Price, Tom Poole Tom Jubb ,Brett Daynes, Olly Povoas. Pete White, Tony Fenner, Will Maisey, Tom Wheatcroft, Heath Stevens, James Stokes, Cliffie Hodgson, Max Trimble, Rob Knox

Jake Byrne has been promoted from the development squad.

I know there will be further announcements regarding further retentions and new arrivals over the course of the next couple of weeks.

albie
04 April, 2017 09:02

As far as I can make out we have signed 8 new players and retained 18 others so far, plus one from the development squad.

New Players

Latu Makaafi, Jack Preece, Nile Dacres, George Oram, Harry Morley, Alex Grove, James Neal,
Dave Brazier

Retained

James Litchfield. Phil Boulton, Andy Brown, Scott Tolmie, Matt Price, Tom Poole Tom Jubb ,Brett Daynes, Olly Povoas. Pete White, Tony Fenner, Will Maisey, Tom Wheatcroft, Heath Stevens, James Stokes, Cliffie Hodgson, Max Trimble, Rob Knox

I am reliably informed that there are more announcements to come.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 09:52
I must have missed the announcement from the club that Heath Stevens has been retained. Has he? I certainly hope so.

I see from the intial announcement back in February that he signed for two and a half years, so presumably he is staying, but knowing that contracts aren't really all that binding, it'd be nice to see it confirmed. Fingers crossed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 10:00 by Kimbo.

albie
04 April, 2017 10:13
You read correctly Kimbo. Heath is with us for 2 more seasons.

albie
11 April, 2017 18:50

As far as I can make out we have signed 9 new players and retained 18 others so far, plus one from the development squad.

New Players

Luke Narraway, Latu Makaafi, Jack Preece, Nile Dacres, George Oram, Harry Morley, Alex Grove, James Neal,
Dave Brazier

Retained

I am reliably informed that there are still more announcements to come, retentions and possible newcomers.

Looks a very strong squad now - as long as they all remain healthy and injury free ......
Here's hoping

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net