Kimbo (IP Logged)
20 June, 2017 22:18
Draw for the open tournament (etc).

[www.pitchero.com]

Tim Smith
Re: Olney 7s update
Tim Smith (IP Logged)
20 June, 2017 22:34
Following on from the above...as of yesterday, Cov's first game 11.10. Cov Nighthawks (Development) team 11.30.

Tournament Finals 18.30.

Hopefully, it will be a long day...

Mick J Shaw
Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
24 June, 2017 16:33
How are cov doing

Paul Ingleston
Paul Ingleston (IP Logged)
24 June, 2017 17:44
Mick, Tim Smith has been updating his Twitter feed all day, @CowshedTim and has just reported that Cov A are into the final at 18.30 to play Ilkley in a repeat of last year's final. Hope this helps.

Mick J Shaw
Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
24 June, 2017 18:35
Sorry Paul I missed it I will look again

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
24 June, 2017 22:13
Cov started the day slowly in the league stage, winning two, but losing to the Bees (B&S), to finish second in their group of four, and by that progressing to the quarter finals of the main competition.

The Nighthawks did less well, finishing third in their group ( of three, due to a no-show), so progressed into the plate competition, which started at the semi final round.

The Nighthawks were knocked out at this stage, but the main team got through the quarters and semi final to meet Ilkley, who had beaten them in last year's final, in the final.

Cov won this despite a second half fight-back by Ilkley, to win the tournament.

Will Maisey had a great day, by winning the overall tournament player of the day prize, won last year by Tom Jubb.

An excellent day of team bonding by Cov with a good mix of old and new players, an excellent barbecue, and a lot of beer in the sun. Various scrapes, bruises, and sun burn, and a great chance to meet some of the new players.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
25 June, 2017 10:14
Photos from Olney 7s now online on Facebook at this link

Jean H
Jean H (IP Logged)
25 June, 2017 12:49
Who won the tounament please?

timdouglas1
timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
25 June, 2017 15:32
Nick did state in his post Cov beat Ilkley in the final Jean. I nearly posted just like you did, but after a second read, I did find it stated this. I only wish this tournament wasn't on the same day as the Lions first test.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
25 June, 2017 17:57
Quote:
Jean H
Who won the tounament please?

Quote:
OldNick two posts previously, talking of the tournament final...
Cov won this despite a second half fight-back by Ilkley, to win the tournament.

The photos of the Cov team being presented with a great big trophy and celebrating might also be a clue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/06/2017 17:58 by OldNick.

Jean H
Jean H (IP Logged)
25 June, 2017 22:38
I obviously misread your post,in saying that,there is no need to be sarcastic Nick!!!

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
26 June, 2017 11:34
For reference, final score in final 36-24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net