Cov vs wasps
Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
27 June, 2017 17:31
Will we ever see a friendly between cov and wasps

HoboAl
Re: Cov vs wasps
HoboAl (IP Logged)
23 July, 2017 08:49
Hang on, the wife is just polishing the Crystal ball. Never been much good for the lottery though.

rugbyfann
rugbyfann (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 18:53
A match - possibly; a friendly - never.

timdouglas1
timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 19:54
Seriously, it would be an amazing money spinner. I am sure Dai Young has mentioned previously about building good relations with Coventry, and this would be a very good start

CharlieBravo
27 July, 2017 07:51
How about a pre-season friendly against Wasps Development side? The interest and crowd would be massive.

allthegear
allthegear (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 08:13
This was raised a few seasons ago and the CRFC response was that the Wasps players are so much fitter, stronger, bigger, etc it would be a mismatch and potentially dangerous.

timdouglas1
timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 08:55
I accept your point allthegear, but we are a much better team now. Cliff is spot on. Maybe if Wasps field a side containing players like Willis and Howe, we could give them a run for their money

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 10:49
Would be pointless, and the crowd would be unexceptional to say the least. IMO.
Far better to carry on as we do now, and I have to say I think they've got the pre-season opposition levels and timings pretty much spot on this year.

CharlieBravo
28 July, 2017 11:02
Not for the first time, Statler, I don't share your argument. Why would it be pointless? Not only would it give the opportunity to cement links with Wasps but it would also give us the opportunity to measure up to a higher level of rugby. In my opinion there's two very good reasons for doing it. Furthermore, I don't share your view that the crowd would be unexceptional. I think the interest which such a fixture would generate would be pretty significant. By the way, I'm sure you still owe me a pint.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 11:23
'A higher level'? Rotherham? Jersey? Semi-pro, and two very tough sides.
What would be the point of measuring our progress against a bunch of Wasps' youngsters?

The crowd - well, we'll never know, will we?

The pint? Maybe, but as you swan around in far loftier circles these days (than us who occupy the swamp).....

CharlieBravo
28 July, 2017 12:49
I doubt that Dai Young would agree with, or be very impressed by, your description of Wasps Accademy as " a bunch of youngsters".

As for me "swanning around in loftier circles", let me assure you that I am still a member of the pond life.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 14:50
Ooh. Let me think about how much I care what Dai Young thinks....

You seemed to be advocating a game against the Wasps' Dev side, were you not? By that very definition it would be a game against a bunch of Wasps' youngsters. I see no controversy in that, and I doubt Dai Young would give two hoots about what either of us think TBF!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net