rugbyunion
Latest News:

Rob C
Match day gripes
Rob C (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 18:10
So...banana skin narrowly avoided can I air a couple of gripes about ongoing matchday issues...
Firstly, the turnstiles problems still seem to exist. I took my wife and daughter today who both had to pay and at 2.40 there were two queues - one for the right hand turnstiles and one for the left. Everyone assumed the right hand turnstiles were only for season ticket holders, it was only obvious on reaching them that there were in fact two open - one for season ticket holders and one for cash payments. Supporters had to beckon people over from the long queue at the left hand turnstiles, all waiting to pay cash. A few simple signs above the turnstiles would surely solve this issue...
Secondly, not only are supporters on the opposite side to the main stand - and they number quite a few - unable to see the score, they are now unable to hear it either. With the lead changing hands quite rapidly as it did today it's often difficult to keep up and we relied on Tim's blog a couple of times to sort out the score.
I believe the Supporter's Club are looking into putting a scoreboard in the shop corner of the ground, it can't come soon enough.

timdouglas1
Re: Match day gripes
timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 20:24
It has been mentioned on numerous occasions you can not hear any announcements on any tannoy's at all at the railway end. Please can we have a speaker put in place so we can hear what JB has to say

CovBlueLou
CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 20:26
On th standing side no announcements are heard.

Any idea on the winning raffle numbers today?

More importantly any update on the gent who collapsed at the start of the 2nd half in the corner near the turnstiles?

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 20:37
The chap who was taken ill is on the mend from what I can gather on social media (and having had a quick word with the ambulance chap at the end of the game).

CovBlueLou
CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 20:42
That is genuinely fantastic news! I wasn't a million miles from it at the time I had moved away by the time the ambulance had arrived & it didn't look good! If he's on the mend it tops the 5 points for me!
Good to hear!

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 20:44
I can't do much about the tannoy Lou, but if you buy the flags I'll send the signals smiling smiley

https://flagexpressions.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/semaphore-flag-codes3.jpg

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 20:44
The man was coming out of the toilets and as he came round the stand took a tumble after an accidental collision with a young lad. He banged his head on the metal rail at the side of the steps to the stand. He had a slight cut to the head and seemed very dazed. I think he was a bit battered and bruised but nothing too serious.

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 20:48
Not only was it difficult for fans to keep track of the score....the scoreboard struggled to keep up. I sit in full view of it and it is totally unreliable.

CovBlueLou
CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 20:53
CovInPeace I think offering those options to the touch judge on the stand side would come into better use! Didn't have his best day!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2017 07:40 by CovBlueLou.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:36
Good to see, yesterday, that there is now very clear signage at the turnstiles. Much easier to work out where the hell you are supposed to go now!

They just need to open the turnstiles at the railway end to save the traipse from the car park along the back of the stand, and all the way back again to get to the bar.

Step by worthwhile step though.

Rob C
Rob C (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:18
Yes, credit where it's due! Just need a scoreboard and speaker system for the standing side now..

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 18:02
One thing at a time Rob winking smiley

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 18:29
On a weather barmy day the scoreboard was pretty stable...if you can't see it there are still plenty of unclaimed seats in the man stand. Just an observation.

Sam Skennel
Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 19:51
Well, I have to say that the service at the function room end of the bar was dreadful. To be told that the Purity had run out at that end of the bar and that I’d have to go and queue again at the other end where it was still available instead of her going to fetch one pint was the ridiculous. When will the club realise that two people at one end and six at the other doesn’t work, and then to see staff going home from nehind the bat when there were people queuing is poor management. In my humble opinion, of course.

The bar will always sell loads of Guinness, and yet they refuse to part-pour a load of pints beforehand..

Poor service too. In my humble opinion, of course.

Wazeroonie
Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 21:02
In my opinion Guinness doesn't need the double pour method, tastes just the same when poured in one go. A marketing ploy from the 1950's that is still fanatically used today.

Tip
Tip (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 22:29
As I said many moons ago by part pouring you save TIME hence sell more. Win win: more people served, more money for the club!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net