rugbyunion
Latest News:

abdabs99rugby
Centres Update
abdabs (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 14:14
Does anyone know what the situation is with regards to Sam T's ban and if he will be available for the Plymouth game?. Also I saw Alex Grove at the OE game carrying the water - does anyone know how far off he is to a comeback?. Without Heath I feel that we need them both to be back for the testing Xmas run in?.

Rob C
Re: Centres Update
Rob C (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 14:41
Quote:
abdabs
Does anyone know what the situation is with regards to Sam T's ban and if he will be available for the Plymouth game?. Also I saw Alex Grove at the OE game carrying the water - does anyone know how far off he is to a comeback?. Without Heath I feel that we need them both to be back for the testing Xmas run in?.

Interesting that you're the first to raise the question of Sam's ban. I was tempted but thought I might get my head bitten off...

abdabs99rugby
abdabs (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 14:45
I have done some delving and found this...
[www.englandrugby.com]

Unfortunately not available until after the Plymougth game.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 14:48
I looked it up on the RFU website a few days ago.

Full details are here, including video evidence and the notes from the disciplinary panel.

In summary,
the incident happened on 28/10
the hearing was on 31/10
Sam pleaded guilty
He was banned and is free to play from 28/11 which is the Tuesday after Plymouth.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 14:50
(Overlapping postings abdabs)

abdabs99rugby
abdabs (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 14:56
Cheers Nick. As one says "Guilty as Charged"!!

Rob C
Rob C (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 14:57
Quote:
OldNick
Full details are here, including video evidence and the notes from the disciplinary panel.

In summary,
the hearing was on 31/10
Sam pleaded guilty
He was banned and is free to play from 28/11 which is the Tuesday after Plymouth.

I guessed that the information must be freely available which is why I thought it a bit unusual that the club hasn't made a statement.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 15:16
Quote:
Rob C
Quote:
OldNick

In summary,
the hearing was on 31/10
Sam pleaded guilty

I guessed that the information must be freely available which is why I thought it a bit unusual that the club hasn't made a statement.

My guess, and it is only a guess, was that they'd save it until they could say something positive on announcing the team for Rosslyn Park.

PaulRossborough
PaulRossborough (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 15:39
Wouldn't be first in line to take one of those punches from Sam!!
In any case, plain to see why it was a red, although I thought retaliation was given sterner sentences these days? Will be good to have Sam back... we need him!

All views expressed in this post, are my own

richard wilkinson
John Wilkinson (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 16:01
Alex is able to do some light work but still has a while to go - he told me he is hoping to be back some time in December.

Wazeroonie
Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 18:49
I only saw the last punch on the day, didn't realise it was an elbow and a punch to one player and a punch to another! Sam's previously good disciplinary record and the off-field mitigation means that he's only serving a four week ban and not eight weeks. Looking forward to him coming back.

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 19:26
There had been a few high tackles before that on both sides and things were getting a bit tetchy. Not saying the punishment hasn't been just, but trying to add a bit of context to the build up. Also video doesn't disclose any verbal interaction between players. Not surprisingly the player brought on to get in our faces, did and got yellow. Just an observation.

timdouglas1
timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 21:12
No dispute from me. Really, we are very lucky Sam only got a 4 week ban. Such a shame, I have spoke to Sam and he seems a lovely bloke, but now we must suffer because he lost it. Personally, I'd have him on boot cleaning duties, but I wouldn't tell him that to his face (Sm100)

Teddy60
Teddy60 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 07:19
Yes, I fully agree. Cambridge were being completely outplayed and Fox was put on to disrupt Cov’s momentum. Sadly that cynical substitution worked. Shame for the game but they were desperate not to be 'nilled'.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net