rugbyunion
Latest News:

covmick1/Michael Carter
Darlington Mowden Park Help needed from Coventry fans
11 December, 2017 08:21
Well how do I start this ! I as just an ordinary fan, are asking you travelling fans to sit up behind the the Coventry dugout. Yes it is a massive stadium with a great sound system. But when COV leave the field after the pre-match warm up WE can show our support to OUR squad. I do not have a flag with the club emblem on but if someone has one great RALLY AROUND THE FLAG. Please let me know if anyone has one. If amyone not travelling has one could we borrow it ?

Seats I think are still available on the CRSC coach.

As one ex-COV player said "The best fans in the division have now got the best team"

Please band together and make this a great "BLUE AND WHITE AWAY DAY"

So it's up to YOU !!!!

covmick/Michael Carter

MESSAGES->author
Re: Darlington Mowden Park Help needed from Coventry fans
OldNick (IP Logged)
11 December, 2017 08:33
More to the point, sitting behind the dugout will prevent the unpleasant DMP supporter with the delinquent gang of local brats from sitting them behind the dugout and banging their feet on the dugout roof to annoy the Coventry players.

captainscarlet
11 December, 2017 09:27
Nigel and I will certainly be in place behind the bench,,to do the right thing...weather permitting.

Alinta
Alinta (IP Logged)
11 December, 2017 10:17
Mick,
I'll include your message / request on the E-Mail that will be sent out on Thursday to all those travelling on the coach, we can also round up those in the bar at DMP who have traveled independently.

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead (IP Logged)
11 December, 2017 12:42
Quote:
OldNick
More to the point, sitting behind the dugout will prevent the unpleasant DMP supporter with the delinquent gang of local brats from sitting them behind the dugout and banging their feet on the dugout roof to annoy the Coventry players.

Yes Nick I wholehearted agree with you, I am somewhat surprised that this action by the kids is both allowed by DMP and has not caused an upset by away teams.

CharlieBravo
11 December, 2017 13:47
It's a very fair point which you make, Mick, and supports the request which Rowland made to me a week or two ago. On behalf of the team he would prefer all Cov supporters to stand together so that the volume of sound/shouting/whistling etc is so much greater and more concentrated than it is when it comes from pockets of supporters dotted around the ground.
It sounds to me like a very logical and excellent suggestion. Unfortunately I can't go on Saturday, but I'll be very interested to know how you succeed.

covmick1/Michael Carter
11 December, 2017 14:01
Quote:
Peter Redhead
Quote:
OldNick

Yes Nick I wholehearted agree with you, I am somewhat surprised that this action by the kids is both allowed by DMP and has not caused an upset by away teams.

Yes Nick and Peter you make your point. But this is not about the PAST but what WE can do in a POSITIVE mannor. No I am not being against what you post . But looking to move FORWARD as a fan to trying in this small way to supporting OUR CLUB. Please Jacky. Peter and Nick join together and support the COV SQUAD with the group of COV fans, You will hopefully get some good pictures Nick. When you have a minute I would welcome you into the gathering with great pleasure. So it's up to you.

covmick/Michael Carter

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
11 December, 2017 15:13
I have been to DMP twice, so know from where I would get better pictures. It is not from behind the dugout.

Next, there is no need to shout in capitals for every third word. Your posting makes just the same amount of sense without shouting.

Finally, experience from previous visits indicates that there is a disruptive element there who have previously attempted to get a Coventry player thrown out of the stadium by security, when he reacted to their provocation. Supporting an action which would prevent this from happening again is not living in the past, it is using practical experience from previous visits in the future.

covmick1/Michael Carter
11 December, 2017 18:36
Quote:
OldNick
I have been to DMP twice, so know from where I would get better pictures. It is not from behind the dugout.
Next, there is no need to shout in capitals for every third word. Your posting makes just the same amount of sense without shouting.

Finally, experience from previous visits indicates that there is a disruptive element there who have previously attempted to get a Coventry player thrown out of the stadium by security, when he reacted to their provocation. Supporting an action which would prevent this from happening again is not living in the past, it is using practical experience from previous visits in the future.

Yes Nick. But on this occasion it is about trying to get fans from Coventry together. Your posts are defeating the object of this. So if you wish start another thread and by all means put your points of view. Capitals where used are to make the point. Sorry if this offends you. But let me make my view in the hope of helping to get concentrated support for [b]OUR SQUAD.[b]

covmick/Michael Carter

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
11 December, 2017 18:53
Mick.
In case you hadnít noticed the stewards at Darlington insist that all supporters sit in the same block. The Cov supporters have to sit together in one little bit of that faded pink shell.

Now, if you are not the moderator of this board, please stop telling people where they may or may not post.

Equally if you are not a Steward at Darlington stop telling them where they may or may not sit.

captainscarlet
11 December, 2017 22:00
i cant believe that at darlington ,in national div 1 that away supporters are told where to sit, especially when there is hardly anyone there. Thats the inference from the postings, have i misunderstood.

captainscarlet
11 December, 2017 22:11
I understand what Nick told me about spectators standing in the walk way at the bottom of the stand now, having seen the video from home game. How stupid and ridiculous is this practice by DMP.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 08:07
Mark,

In answer to your question, probably written before you saw the video. Yes, the stewards restrict supoorters from both clubs to sitting in one block. It's a large block, and they do not control where in that block you sit.

and yes, as you've now seen it has a very shallow slope, and therefore when people stand in front of it, by the pitchside advertising hoardings, the view from the front of the seating, already too far away from the pitch, is interupted by the standing spectators.

CharlieBravo
12 December, 2017 12:13
Can the video be shared on here?

MESSAGES->author
Gitto's Mate (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 14:29
I see they've been trying to curry favour with their hot food offer ...

bulmer22
bulmer22 (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 18:34
Please can I give you my opinion on the Mowden match day experience, as OldNick has painted a different picture to the one I see. I park at the Arena for free, £3 at Cov. Pay £10 to get in, £15 at Cov, a programme costs £2, £3 at Cov. Try one of the choice of excellent pies and a pint on the concourse. Or go into the CrossBar (clubhouse) if you prefer, but it will be very busy.
All spectators go into the main stand of the Arena. This is due to stewarding and health and safety. If you want to stand, and some people actually prefer to do this, then the only place you can do so is at the front. Supporters of both teams can sit anywhere in the stand, except for a central block for season ticket holders, etc. No steward will tell you where to sit and you will not be restricted to any block.The stand has about 7000 seats. I wouldn't sit in the first couple of rows as your view may be obstructed by the standing few. Also if it rains you will get wet. The view from the back of the stand is cracking. As this is an enclosed stadium noise gets magnified. So I'm sure those travelling up on Saturday will be heard.
The problem about the dug out should be sorted by the stewards if someone complains. I hope this doesn't spoil anyones day.
So to any Cov supporters coming up on Saturday, have a safe journey and I really hope you enjoy the visit. Should be a high scoring game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/12/2017 08:16 by bulmer22.

MESSAGES->author
fordy69uk (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 18:45
Quote:
bulmer22
Please can I give you my opinion on the Mowden match day experience, as OldNick has painted a different picture to the one I see. I park at the Arena for free, £3 at Cov. Pay £10 to get in, £15 at Cov, a programme costs £2, £3 at Cov. Try one of the choice of excellent pies and a pint on the concourse. Or go into the CrossBar (clubhouse) if you prefer, but it will be very busy.
All spectators go into the main stand of the Arena. This is due to stewarding and health and safety. If you want to stand, and some people actually prefer to do this, then the only place you can do so is at the front. Supporters of both teams can sit anywhere in the stand, except for a central block for season ticket holders, etc. No steward will tell you where to sit and you will not be restricted to any block.The stand has about 7000 seats. I wouldn't sit in the first couple of rows as your view may be obstructed by the standing few. Also if it rains you will get wet. The view from the back of the stand is cracking. You can move ends if you like at half time. As this is an enclosed stadium noise gets magnified. So I'm sure those travelling up on Saturday will be heard.
The problem about the dug out should be sorted by the stewards if someone complains. I hope this doesn't spoil anyones day.
So to any Cov supporters coming up on Saturday, have a safe journey and I really hope you enjoy the visit. Should be a high scoring game.

Cheers Bulmer, it'll be my first time at Darlington, I'm looking forward to it, I like a pie and a pint or two (Sm128)

captainscarlet
13 December, 2017 20:24
Thanks for the information, but i have to say that its ridiculous that people are allowed to spectate in the area meant for people moving around the ground not spectating, thus obstructing the view of the lines etc.Imagine if all the cov supporters stood at the front, making lots of noise .Maybe the policy would be reconsidered for future games.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net