rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

titchywinger
Re: DMP Game postponed!!
titchywinger (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 18:27
Can anyone answer these questions for future reference?
Cliff Bennett quotes "A match is never called off by the home team officials,but by RFU officials following a pitch inspection".
My questions are:
Who inspects the pitch?
If it is inspected by a local referee, is that referee or any qualified referee an RFU official, or do they report their findings to the RFU?
Does the referee who inspects the ground walk the pitch on his own, or is he accompanied by other qualified people?
Is the referee and any other qualified people accompanied on their inspection of the pitch by representatives of the two teams involved in the match?

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 20:05
Quote:
titchywinger
Cliff Bennett quotes "A match is never called off by the home team officials,but by RFU officials following a pitch inspection".
My questions are:
Who inspects the pitch?
If it is inspected by a local referee, is that referee or any qualified referee an RFU official, or do they report their findings to the RFU?
Does the referee who inspects the ground walk the pitch on his own, or is he accompanied by other qualified people?
Is the referee and any other qualified people accompanied on their inspection of the pitch by representatives of the two teams involved in the match?

The NCA instructions which cover NL1 are on the NCA website here [ncarugby.org.gridhosted.co.uk]

Section 6.3 on pages 12-13 cover this.

Going through your questions

" an accredited RFU match official" inspects the pitch
"A suitably accredited RFU Match Official (not a person, whether a referee or not, who regularly acts as a Club’s 4th official or who is a member of the home Club )"

Yes, they report their findings

There are no rules as to who walks around with the reinspecting official, but if in advance I have never heard of a visiting team sending someone along.

Please note though the requirements for captains, not officials to mae the decision if it has not been made in advance.

Also, please note the cost implications if the home team does not request inspections early enough to save the visitors from travelling if the match is then called off.

richard wilkinson
John Wilkinson (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 20:09
According to both DMP and Richmond Ladies websites, the women's match was not played - frozen pitch.

titchywinger
titchywinger (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 21:19
Thank you Nick. Your answer to question 1 makes all the other questions redundant. Ground unfit for play.

Sam Skennel
Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 08:18
Quote:
OldNick
Quote:
titchywinger
My questions are:
Who inspects the pitch?

The NCA instructions which cover NL1 are on the NCA website here [ncarugby.org.gridhosted.co.uk]

Section 6.3 on pages 12-13 cover this.

Going through your questions

" an accredited RFU match official" inspects the pitch
"A suitably accredited RFU Match Official (not a person, whether a referee or not, who regularly acts as a Club’s 4th official or who is a member of the home Club )"

Yes, they report their findings

There are no rules as to who walks around with the reinspecting official, but if in advance I have never heard of a visiting team sending someone along.

Please note though the requirements for captains, not officials to mae the decision if it has not been made in advance.

Also, please note the cost implications if the home team does not request inspections early enough to save the visitors from travelling if the match is then called off.

The inspection that's done is only done in advance to be able to call the game off leading up to it. If the two captains want to play, the referee has to at least start the game. How long it continues is another matter, but the referee (on the day) will only make a decision IF the two captains disagree.

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 17:45
Quote:
titchywinger
Can I change my prediction league forecast? By Feb 24th I reckon we'll be in high gear and I'd like to add another couple of tries to my forecast.

Done. You (and anyone else who wants to) can now amend their predictions for the DMP score as required, up until 24th Feb, 14:00.

The field size is limited to three digits, mind. smiling smiley

titchywinger
titchywinger (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 18:03
Thanks for that. I'll wait until near the match date to predict the score.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net