rugbyunion
Latest News:

BackTenRef?
Moseley pre game refreshments
BackTenRef? (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 08:17
Any good tips for nearby watering holes for those of us not partaking in the formal lunch? Heading over by public transport so going early and making a day of it. Thanks

HoboAl
Re: Moseley pre game refreshments
HoboAl (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 08:49
Nothing decent according to Mose fans. It's why they enjoy a trip to the Butts with pubs like the Old Dyers and the Broomfield outside. I believe some went home in a taxi around 00.30 hours.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 16:48
[center][/center]
Quote:
HoboAl
Nothing decent according to Mose fans. It's why they enjoy a trip to the Butts with pubs like the Old Dyers and the Broomfield outside. I believe some went home in a taxi around 00.30 hours.

We're so lucky with our ground, eh?

I'm driving over from Hinckley on Sat (all being well), so won't be partaking of the tipple, wherever it is! I'll be glad when the direct train link to Cov is restored so I can have a pint or two on a Saturday afternoon.

Sam Skennel
Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 18:08
Quote:
Kimbo
I'll be glad when the direct train link to Cov is restored so I can have a pint or two on a Saturday afternoon.

This.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 19:56
15 minute walk for me Rhys; via the Railway Inn and the Elbow Room! (Which could add a considerable amount of time to the walk...).

BackTenRef?
BackTenRef? (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 20:12
Quote:
Kimbo
15 minute walk for me Rhys; via the Railway Inn and the Elbow Room! (Which could add a considerable amount of time to the walk...).

Two cracking pubs! Though only work in Hinckley so never can have more than 1 :-(

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 20:35
We're in the Elbow most Sunday afternoons. Love it.
Try the White Bear if you get chance; same brewery as The Railway - Steamin' Billy.

Sam Skennel
Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 07:20
Where's the Bear? We know (and frequent) the other two already.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 08:30
On Cov Rd, town end and behind Sainsbury's and opposite where the old Leisure Centre was. Next door to a newish south-Indian restaurant which is different from the run-of-the-mill, and a Thai. The White Bear does exceedingly good burgers too, if that's your thing. Just walk through the Crescent from the Elbow, and you're there.

Sam Skennel
Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 08:47
Oh - the beer and burger place. Yep - been in there too, just didn't know it for the name.

Bit of a stretch by comparison with the Railway and the "new" Hungry Hoss (which is rubbish for proper beer anyway)

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 09:18
So, All meeting up in 'inkleh and watching the game on Twitter?

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 10:11
Possibly Nick, possibly.

Can't say 'Hungry Hoss' and 'beer' in the same sentence (not that I've ever been in there).

medusarog
medusarog (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 17:25
Anyone any ideas about parking on Saturday? I guess parking at ground will be tight, so just wondering if any tips?

Last time I went was when we played them in Championship in our relegation year

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 19:17
I think Moseley as a club need all the beer Coventry fans can drink, plus a few pies. Support them over the bar at least.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net