Latest News:

Camera Shake
Mose v Cov - match video
Camera Shake (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 09:22

Re: Mose v Cov - match video
timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 09:41
Thanks CS. Now that I have seen these highlights, can anyone please explain why Jacques received a yellow card, and what the penalty try was for? I had a lot of sympathy for him. Veryan is not my favourite official, but he certainly gifted 2 tries at least with his errors. I thought Sam knocked on, and maybe a touch of a forward pass for another try

OldNick (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 10:25
Jacques - charging into Max Trimble recklessly, hitting him neck high from behind without making a tackle.

It then turned into a tackle as he passed by, but the initial contact was considered reckless and high.

Penalty try because there was no one between Trimble and the line and therefore a try would have been scored.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2017 11:03 by OldNick.

timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 10:41
I'm not so sure Nick. My impression was one arm around the waist, the other bypassed Max's neck and took him by the shoulder, but maybe we can agree to disagree. Jacques has never struck me as a player who would attempt to hurt an opponent, so maybe he was a touch over zealous, but I disagree with reckless, and a few supporters I spoke to said it looked harsh to them in real time. Maybe they would think different seeing the replay. I wonder what others think of this

OldNick (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 12:47
Tim, Iím not sure either. I was as far away as the video, lower down, and with a partially obstructed view. The referee, on the other hand was 20í away and with a clear view.
My description came from talking to a Moseley supporter afterwards, after quite a bit of discussion had happened.

Front row union
Front row union (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 17:10
I thought Jacques was a bit unlucky,after several views,it seemed to me that he made a desperate but fair attempt to tackle Max.
In all honesty, I thought we were the beneficiaries of a few decisions from sir......perhaps we earned it for a very dominant first half performance.

Sam Skennel
Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 11:14
Veryan likes Coventry as a club and the way we do business, so maybe we did. I'd like to think it's because of how weel we look after the MO's when they come to BPA and how welcome we make them feel, before during (Mark ) and after.

Of course, I could be completely wrong lol
Maxee (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 05:16
We signed some great players from Moseley this year. I think we should make a move for their cameraman winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing