rugbyunion
Latest News:

captainscarlet
cov telegraph disgraceful
08 January, 2018 07:02
We all know the telegraph has become wasps orientated, however their website is disgraceful.The last piece on cov in the cov section is prior to moseley game , does not have mose report or any other info .Last update as of mon 8/1/18 7am was 22/12/17. Meanwhile wasps has had 9/10 articles since bath game including saracens report.
Really...is that fair or actually covering table topper, unbeaten at home since oct 2016, unbeaten in league this season. Not just one piece missing , but multiple.
THIS IS COVENTRY RUGBY.

HoboAl
Re: cov telegraph disgraceful
HoboAl (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 07:46
I think one of the Journalists is a Moseley fan, they seem to get as much coverage as Coventry. Thank goodness for social media and the excellent Co v Blog. CWR at least give reasonable radio coverage.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 08:08
Quote:
HoboAl
I think one of the Journalists is a Moseley fan, they seem to get as much coverage as Coventry. Thank goodness for social media and the excellent Co v Blog. CWR at least give reasonable radio coverage.

Paul Smith, who I think you are referring to, left the company who own the Coventry Telegraph during the autumn.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 11:13
Yes he did. Didn't he end up on the staff at the Cuckoos' Nest?

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 15:40
Quote:
Kimbo
Yes he did. Didn't he end up on the staff at the Cuckoos' Nest?
Do you mean he feathered his nest!

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 17:04
This weekend’s match report is online.
[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

As (now?) is the Moseley report, but it appears not to have been linked into the CoventrY rugby page.
[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2018 21:21 by OldNick.

MESSAGES->author
Gitto's Mate (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 18:48
Comic owned by the Daily Mirror and printed in Brum isn't it?

Diesel74
Diesel74 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 08:46
I spent my formative years as a journalist at the Coventry Evening Telegraph - 12 out of 30-plus - and it's tragic what has happened to the newspaper.
I can't read it anymore. Read stuff with a writer's eye and it makes me sad.
And we had some great writers who covered Cov back in the day. My old mucker Steve Evans and further down the line, someone called John Wilkinson!
An excellent fellow and the CET's loss was Coventry Rugby's gain.
They stopped telling people how many print copies were being sold when it hit 15,000 a day (90,000-plus when I started in the 80s) and recently stopped telling people about 'web hits, FB and Twitter hits', too.
I would argue strongly in favour of newspapers any time, I know what they can do for people, groups, cities, areas - but I think with Wilko on board, Coventry Rugby doesn't need the CET as much as the CET needs Coventry Rugby. I think the Coventry Observer has realised this and has started doing a bit more.
The news coming out of the club today is better than it's ever been. And it's a click away, without adverts or surveys.
Cowshed Tim tells me more about my club with his blog than the CET has done since I left the city and I feel much more 'involved' in my club than since the days I lived there and worked for the CET.
So the Telegraph's coverage might be disgraceful, but Cov Rugby is moving forward (onward and upward Rodders!) regardless.

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 18:13
That to me is the most forceful comment on the Coventry Telegraph that I have read. It's a pity that the Newspaper that carries the city name has fallen so far. John's addition to the Coventry family has resulted in brilliant publicity for the club and Tims Blog is definitely a must read on a morning. I do think the CT has run its day and as our council is heading to be a puppet of Birmingham. Sorry if I offend anyone but I do think we are heading to be a district of Birmingham.

MESSAGES->author
Gitto's Mate (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 19:16
Let's not forget Roger Draper either and queues outside a newsagent waiting for The Pink! Then down the local for a right good read about local sport over a pint or two ...

Misty eyed, halcyon days

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net