rugbyunion
Latest News:

M0nster
Plymouth Pre Match Entertainment
M0nster (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 22:11
Though a Cov ST holder and a daily visitor here, I don't post often.
However, a Plymouth-supporter pal of mine has sent me this link today.

"...
12km Charity Walk • Pint • Pasty • Rugby
2017 event sold out in record time, early registration advised.
St Luke’s Hospice Plymouth’s annual Men’s Day Out returns on Saturday 24 March and this year it is set to be manlier than ever.

The men-only day of rugby and banter, powered by IU Energy, is the perfect opportunity for you to step up to the plate, have a great day and make a real difference in your community.

Starting and finishing at Plymouth Albion RFC, the 12km walk kicks off at 10am and follows a planned route through Plymouth city centre and along the South West Coast Path (passing one or two watering holes on the way!). You’ll then enjoy a well-earned pasty and pint at Plymouth Albion RFC in time to see the team take on Coventry in a fantastic, not-to-be-missed top of the table clash.

..."

I was already planning to travel and attend the match anyway but we are now going to make even more of a day (weekend) of it.

Absolutely don't want to steal any potential customers from the Cov supporters' coaches etc but this event may be of interest to some on here and, after all, the walk "passes one or two watering holes along the way"

Coventry Rugby Supporters Club
Re: Plymouth Pre Match Entertainment
11 January, 2018 10:39
We have been in contact with Plymouth Albion to get further information and have been promised an email with more details. For the moment we know the following:-

The walk is a city based event which takes place each year specifically in support of the St Luke's Hospice, which cares for cancer patients, and normally attracts in excess of 1,000 walkers. It actually starts at 08.30 hours, but groups of walkers are released in batches up until 10.00 hours. We've not been able to establish whether the walk is fully subscribed, but their email will confirm.

There is no question of the supporters' coach arriving in time for supporters to be able to take part in the walk (it would need to leave BPA at about 04.30 hours), but supporters who intend to make a full weekend of it, like MOnster, would be able to.
As soon as we receive further details they will be posted on here.

MOnster - thank for your posting and for sharing it with supporters.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 18:03
'Men only day of rugby'?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2018 11:04 by OldNick.

Coventry Rugby Supporters Club
12 January, 2018 10:19
This is the promised email from Plymouth Albion:-

"1, 12 km walk around the streets of Plymouth.
2, People normally start arriving at Albion from 8am onward.
3, The start is 10am when people set off in groups.
4, Registration is done on line , registration is £32 , this covers T Shirt , Ticket to the match , and a pasty and a pint.
5, Contact can be done through their Web Site. If you wish further information you can phone their fund raising team on 01752 492626 who I have spoken to informing them of your enquiry."

M0nster
M0nster (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 21:38
Thank you.
I'm certainly registered and doing it - in my Cov colours. See you there.

Front row union
Front row union (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 14:34
Plymouth is a great area for rugby, and the local rugby scene has strong links with rugby in this area.
There has been many fund raising events joining the two areas,especially raising money for the great charity supporting MND.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net