rugbyunion
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
Tims Daily Blog
Peter Redhead (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 14:31
I feel absolutely gutted that Tim has taken the decision to suspend his blog. The comments and praises attached to the suspension notice shows how much fellow supporters looked forward to his daily rendition. I do sincerely hope the suspension is a short passage of time and Tim will be reinvigorated to continue normal service. A huge part of my daily routine is now missing.

Duff_the_train_guy!
Re: Tims Daily Blog
30 January, 2018 15:08
My sentiments exactly! I couldn't have put how I felt any better, so thank you Peter for echoing my thoughts.

Sam Skennel
Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 15:31
Mine too.

Front row union
Front row union (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 15:35
Hear,hear........

JEH
JEH (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 16:30
Come back Tim, I hugely enjoyed your literate musings and observations.

Glass Half Full 1
Glass Half Full 1 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 17:11
What?

What have I missed?

I hereby start a petition that Tim should continue with his daily blog.

Pretty Please?

BackTenRef?
BackTenRef? (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 17:34
I share the sentiments above, sometimes doing something daily can become a chore I know, but over the last few seasons Timís blog has become an intrinsic part of being a Cov supporter., part of the daily routine on the walk from the car to the office,

Iím sure Tim has his reasons, but the most exciting three months for a Cov supporter for years will feel......incomplete... without our narrater.

Maybe weekly? Twice weekly? Guest writers?

I

Rob C
Rob C (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 17:42
That's a real shame, Tim's blog was such a boon during the club's uncommunicative era and it has continued to be relevant and informative.

Come back soon Tim...

covmick1/Michael Carter
30 January, 2018 17:54
I am sure Tim has his reasons for this. We should all be thankful for the time and enjoyment that we have had through this. Just hope that a gentleman like he is can find time in the future to comeback with more. But I thank Tim for the great interest that I have had from reading the said blog.

covmick/Michael Carter

Diesel74
Diesel74 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 18:34
covmick1 has hit the preverbial right on the nose.

CharlieBravo
30 January, 2018 19:49
Hear hear.

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 20:08
The blog is fantastic and I always miss it when he is away. I have always thought a daily blog was hugely ambitious, but somehow he always delivered quality. It must be hard to keep coming up with fresh ideas and also just the time it takes must be huge. Tim at least consider a weekly post please.

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 20:35
Just to add here, I'm also tremendously sad that the blog is on hold.

Having said that I've every respect for Tim and the massive amount of effort he puts in. The last thing I want to do is make him feel obliged to write something, or indeed to have to post minute-by-minute updates on twitter for every game.

Thank you for everything Tim, it's really appreciated.

Russ.

timdouglas1
timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 20:58
Lovely words Russ. I am sure there are many people who will miss Tim's blog.

elmo's hero's
elmo's hero's (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 21:26
It's my first season as a Cov fan, and Tim's blog was a excellent read! Always looked forward to reading them. Also the match write ups were so detailed and informative.
Hopefully Tim will be back soon or possibly a once or twice a week as said above would be great.
Feeling a little gutted.

markoddy
MJ (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 06:52
I'm having a bout of cold Turkey at the lack of Tim's blog

Old Faithful
Old Faithful (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:57
The blog has been a real gem, just like it's writer.

covchopper
covchopper (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 20:47
Yep essential reading. Gets me up early on Sunday morning specially to read his thoughts post match. Hope you come back soon Tim. Appreciate you might find it difficult to post regularly. Once or twice a week would be excellent if at all poss. Come back Tim we miss you already!

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 02:12
I notice that all the links have been removed from Tims Bloggs, it is such a shame, miss my daily read so much.

albie
Geoff Kennedy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 08:15
Like all other supporters on this thread, I read Tim's blogs on a daily basis. They were informative, well thought out, honest and from the heart of a long time supporter.
His reporting of away matches kept me informed as to the teams progress during games and allowed me to share the atmosphere of the occasion.
No one asked Tim to commence his blogs, he did so as a hobby and soon gathered a wide range of followers. He earned the trust of the board, the coaching staff and the players over the past couple of years, which has allowed him to share so many "behind the scenes" stories with us.

I sincerely hope that no one has offended this life long supporter with some ill advised comment, for to have done so would be unforgivable. We have no room for pettiness on these forums.
I hope that Tim will resume his blogs as soon as he has rested. It is obvious that all your friends at Coventry Rugby miss your wonderful gems - butter fingers and all.(Sm152)

elmo's hero's
elmo's hero's (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 08:31
Perhaps someone else could give it a go while Tim has a deserved break.
Perhaps old nick, or diesel74.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 08:53
Quote:
elmo's hero's
Perhaps someone else could give it a go while Tim has a deserved break.
Perhaps old nick, or diesel74.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I know I do not have the spare time to do it justice. I have other commitments on both Tuesday and Thursday (training) evenings, and very frequently finish sorting out match day photographs after midnight on Saturday nights.

Writing a blog is a task for someone with plenty of spare time. I am told by most people I know who have retired that they have less, rather than more, than they had when they were working. I hate t think how little I shall have, in due course, on that basis.

Having, many years ago in KF's era established and run the club website, as a volunteer, with very limited information coming out from the club, I have memories of how mixed in with annoyance when AG decided that it could only be updated by an employee of the club, there was also a feeling of relief as well, that the responsibility for doing it had gone.

If Tim has decided that he needs that relief from producing the blog we should respect that decision and not pester him to continue it, nor attempt to 'guilt trip' him into restarting it before/if he is ready to do so.

Tim Smith
Tim Smith (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 09:03
I promised I wouldn't respond to comments but I would just like to say that I've been really overwhelmed by the extremely kind and generous comments from very genuine people, many of who I would count as friends in the wider sense of the word.

I've never thought of any of them as an attempt to 'guilt trip' me - people are just too kind to do that.

I remain extremely humbled by what people have written and thank them immensely for their time and patience in reading the blog. I know it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, it was never meant to be.

I'd just kind of like this thread to end really. It's like reading an obituary.

To everyone who has commented, a really big thank you.

And finally, I don't do guilt unless I've done something wrong, Nick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 11:16 by Tim Smith.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net