rugbyunion
Latest News:

Sam Skennel
James Haskell
Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 10:19
I see that James Haskell has not been offered a contract renewal with Wasps, despite being prepared to take a lower salary so I wonder if he might be on Rowland's radar in the same vein as Luke Narroway stepping into a player coach role, unless he feels we already have enough back row strength?

jnjmaxwell@hotmail.com
Re: James Haskell
Maxee (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 10:58
That fact it was the first thing that crossed my mind too when I read the article, shows how far we’ve come!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/01/2018 10:59 by Maxee.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 11:27
I guess he could do a job for us. At a push. In the Dev side.

(Sm49)

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 12:38
I reckon he'll be off to France to improve his pension.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 13:51
Lucky French...

richard wilkinson
John Wilkinson (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 14:49
Well, I put the question to the boss...and he laughed.

Sam Skennel
Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:35
It was worth asking the question...

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 19:47
Quote:
Kimbo

(Sm49)

On the bench, obviously.

He'd be a good mentor for the younger lads though, he knows everything there is to know about social media. smiling smiley

Wazeroonie
Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 20:32
Haskell would make a very good water/kicking tee carrier(Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 21:49
Quote:
Cov_InPeace
Quote:
Kimbo

(Sm49)

On the bench, obviously.

He'd be a good mentor for the younger lads though, he knows everything there is to know about social media. smiling smiley

Heard he'd had a trial at Pontycynon, but they turned him down.

titchywinger
titchywinger (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 22:01
Would he be as hungry as Sam Tuitopou and Luke Narraway have been in a lower league?

CharlieBravo
01 February, 2018 09:01
Whether he would fit in and would do a good job, or whether Rowland would like to have him, is light years away from the fact that we couldn't afford him. He's reportedly on a six figure income and I doubt very much if his plans for his immediate future include taking a very substantial pay cut.

Mick J Shaw
Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 21:25
If we could sign Mr haskell what a statement of intent that would show but we surely can't afford him. If we can ask Mr haskell to bring Mr ciprani with him

titchywinger
titchywinger (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 21:59
We don't need Mr Cipriani. As Wazeroonie stated earlier, Mr Haskell would bring the kicking tee on. Simples.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 22:01 by titchywinger.

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 10:30
Current set up is fine

Paul Harrison1874
Paul Harrison1874 (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:51
No, no, no, no, no. A show pony at best. I have only watched the insects twice, and the first time I did, I counted 16 consecutive rucks (I was bored!) where the red-hatted flanker went to, and contributed only at two. Every other one, he managed, with great skill, to be the other side to any subsequent action. I think some people have said that the insects have been playing better without him. A side like Cov does not need a so-called 'marquee' player. We need top quality blokes who understand our history and who will put in a shift for the team. It's all about team, With the former England flanker, I'm not certain that the team comes first.

MESSAGES->author
Gitto's Mate (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 16:15
With 75 England caps and very influential in England whitewashing Australia 3-0 down under I think "show pony" is a little harsh but the argument's irrelevant I suppose as he wouldn't come here ...

If he did, I would put him on the wing - he runs like a Morris Minor in winter whose choke has just slipped back in

That said, he has been an excellent player (in my humble)

Rob C
Rob C (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 17:01
Show Pony? 75 caps and a lions tour... Past his peak maybe, but I've never seen him give less than 100% and very effective at his best.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net