rugbyunion
Latest News:

Diesel74
The Sound Of The Crowd
Diesel74 (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 12:15
It's not just the players who benefit from the atmosphere at Butts Park Arena.
My son, 11, came to live with me a year ago, having spent most of his life in Cyprus. No interest in rugby whatsoever, but following Norwich City (my ex wife's influence).
I finally got him to BPA for the Plymouth game in November.
Today, I gave him extra Minecraft time because then the telly would be turned over to the Six Nations.
His response?
'Can I watch with you?'
Brilliant.
He then added: 'Will we be going to watch Coventry again?'
We live in Cornwall, so it's not easy, but I told him we'd try to get to the Plymouth away game. 'Can I come?'
And then hopefully, be back at BPA in April. 'Yes, please,' he said.
Proud dad, but it's more down to the rugby being played and the great atmosphere at BPA. He doesn't listen to anything else I say [:wor kid:]

GetxoGreg
Re: The Sound Of The Crowd
GetxoGreg (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 12:56
Good post Diesel. It got me thinking how many fans live far away from Coventry. I live in Scotland and I try and ensure my visits to Coventry coincide with a home game. Perhaps this could be recognised with out of town associate membership (club and supporters)?

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 18:16
Quote:
GetxoGreg
Good post Diesel. It got me thinking how many fans live far away from Coventry. I live in Scotland and I try and ensure my visits to Coventry coincide with a home game. Perhaps this could be recognised with out of town associate membership (club and supporters)?

I seem to recall suggesting something similar a few years ago during my exile on the coast.
I have a season ticket now (again) so it doesn't affect me, but I still see it as a bleddy good idea.
Usual membership benefits (where applicable) and a regular mailing of match programmes. Keep people involved with their club.

Diesel74
Diesel74 (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 18:58
Quote:
Kimbo
Quote:
GetxoGreg

I seem to recall suggesting something similar a few years ago during my exile on the coast.
I have a season ticket now (again) so it doesn't affect me, but I still see it as a bleddy good idea.
Usual membership benefits (where applicable) and a regular mailing of match programmes. Keep people involved with their club.

Sounds great.

GetxoGreg
GetxoGreg (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 19:25
If this could be arranged I'd sign up too.It does sound like a good idea.

BackTenRef?
BackTenRef? (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 00:37
My three year old keeps asking to go to the rugby with me and his grandad ‘when it’s warm’

Fair enough, can’t blame him at that age!

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 08:48
You're doing well. I couldn't get my two to Coundon Road until they were 10 and eight!

Diesel74
Diesel74 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 08:52
Quote:
Kimbo
You're doing well. I couldn't get my two to Coundon Road until they were 10 and eight!
After my divorce, and my return from Cyprus, I'd bring my son over to England during the summer holidays.
Took him to Cov Bears, Cov Speedway but no chance of a trip to Butts Park Arena or The Ricoh. I was so pleased when I was able to put that right to watch Cov v Plymouth.
Trouble with Henry is he's a miserable little sod, who likes to try things and not do them again.
But he was so taken with the atmosphere, friendliness and the game itself.
That's a big statement about Coventry Rugby. The best I could think of.[:wor kid:]
Mark

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 13:18
Spot on Mark. My Lucie fell in love with it all (age 10) and was smitten until some years later when she discovered boys.
She's now married and has two of her own, and still doesn't come along very often (last time was when she brought me on my birthday in 2015) but she still talks about the days when we used to both have season tickets and go to most away games on the back seat of the coach with Dick Griffiths, Dave, Clive and John Hughes.
She still remembers John Addleton fondly too. They struck up quite a friendship.

It's all 'part of the family' isn't it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net