rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Rob C
Re: Flyde game
Rob C (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 16:17
[quote Sam Skennel]The conversation I had with the referee indicated that it had been suggested to him that the first yellow card (prop) was really quick in coming (1st collapse under the posts) and that the second was as slow coming as the first had been quick.

Third one seemed right, and the yellow cards felt about right to me, once the first had been issued.]

Surely a penalty try is rewarded when a try would almost certainly be scored had an offence not been committed. This could be at the first ruck, mall, scrum of the game and has nothing to do with repeated offences as in the case of yellow cards.

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 17:43
Quote:
Rob C
A penalty was awarded for chat straight afterwards, although the ref was talking to another player - he could have been the captain mind you and the penalty might have been awarded for the incident I saw.

Ah, fair enough mate. That would make sense - I just don't much like the thought of that kind of stuff going unpunished... slippery slope and all that...

Sam Skennel
Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 19:06
[quote Rob C][quote Sam Skennel]The conversation I had with the referee indicated that it had been suggested to him that the first yellow card (prop) was really quick in coming (1st collapse under the posts) and that the second was as slow coming as the first had been quick.

Third one seemed right, and the yellow cards felt about right to me, once the first had been issued.]

Surely a penalty try is rewarded when a try would almost certainly be scored had an offence not been committed. This could be at the first ruck, mall, scrum of the game and has nothing to do with repeated offences as in the case of yellow cards.[/quote]

you're right, of course. I was just surprised because of the nature of the offence and the speed at which he issued the card when other, more experienced, referees might have waited for a second or even third penalty offence.

That's not to say he was wrong at all, but I thought at the time that meant he'd set out a difficult stall to maintain.

Rob C
Rob C (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 19:17
Quote:
Diesel74
I'm with Front Row Union on this.
Here's a little blog about dissent creeping in, including some thoughts about the Fylde coach's comments.
[markdieselforster.wordpress.com]

Can't argue with any of that Mark...

Front row union
Front row union (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 21:30
Thanks Sam for your insight as to what’s happening at close quarters,it does help to clarify certain situations that occur which many of us can only speculate on.
Also, nice blog Diesel, I can also remember one of my old captains,(who was a great character), giving one of our players a slap when he had the audacity to question “sirs” decision.
The closest we ever got to querying decisions,was to ask if “sir” was happy with our scrummaging, as we tried to make our opposition front rows heads disappear into their own anatomy.....oh,happy days.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net