rugbyunion
Latest News:

captainscarlet
ampthill emergency access
13 April, 2018 07:53
With the news of change of access for disabled spectators in cars no longer able to watch from their cars above the pitch , due to local regulations i believe. I do hope emergency access to the pitch has been improved. Because the combination of slippery slopes, before the terrible winter and stretchers just dont mix well, as we saw on ollys bad injury on our last visit to Ampthill.

MESSAGES->author
Re: ampthill emergency access
OldNick (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 08:06
Quote:
bigm/ mark harrison.
With the news of change of access for disabled spectators in cars no longer able to watch from their cars above the pitch , due to local regulations i believe. I do hope emergency access to the pitch has been improved. Because the combination of slippery slopes, before the terrible winter and stretchers just dont mix well, as we saw on ollys bad injury on our last visit to Ampthill.

The only change is that there are no longer cars potentially blocking the access for emergency vehicles.

covmick1/Michael Carter
13 April, 2018 15:07
Quote:
OldNick
Quote:
bigm/ mark harrison.

The only change is that there are no longer cars potentially blocking the access for emergency vehicles.

My car was parked on the hill last season at Ampthill. I can assure anyone that their was no access problem during that fixture. It may have occured during othe fixtures, for that I can not commment. But during our visit no car was causing any interferance to the ambulance.

covmick/Michael Carter

CharlieBravo
13 April, 2018 15:34
Whilst I appreciate the point you make, Mark, I have been given no evidence that the decision to prevent car parking at the far end of the ground, behind the posts, is related to the incident in connection with the access of the emergency vehicles last season. Given that the ruling has been made by the local authority one would think not.

captainscarlet
13 April, 2018 18:31
My point was that somebody had looked at changes needed for whatever reason. Surely following ollys incident there should of been new risk assessments done as to access to and from the pitch for emergency services. As we know there is an incline/banking and in normal conditions difficult to deal with. However throw in the dreadful weather/rain of this winter , the problem is increased.

captainscarlet
13 April, 2018 18:34
i read that the driving of cars up to watch games is actually in breach of planning permission for new pitches.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net