rugbyunion
Latest News:

John Butler
John Gardiner
John Butler (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 12:22
More sad news I am afraid.
Another Cov & County ikon of the 50's/60s, John Gardiner has passed away.

I have just been speaking with Wilko & full message of appreciation will be appearing on the official club site soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2018 12:23 by John Butler.

Rob C
Re: John Gardiner
Rob C (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 12:38
Sad to hear that news, John was blue and white through and through!.

I grew up in an era when John tended the pitch, ran the baths and made the huge pot of tea for the players after the game. In the later Coundon Road years he was a huge mainstay of the Former Players Association.

A true Cov legend and, according to my dad, a great player - one of the best to never be capped.

Mick J Shaw
Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 13:25
Sad to hear of another Cov legend passing on. Can space be found at the butts for a board for former players who are no longer with us but shouldn't be forgotten

richard wilkinson
John Wilkinson (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 13:48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net