rugbyunion
Latest News:

erick richardson
Sad Sad Passing
erick richardson (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 08:20
For those people who do not visit the Coventry Rugby website a sad note to report, Mr Jim Ashby and fantastically loyal supporter and benefactor to the club sadly passed away recently. I am sure that we ALL send our heart felt condolences to his wife Gloria and the family at this very difficult time. Funeral arrangements are as follows: 10.00am Meriden Church.... 11.00am Canley Crematorium .... 11.45 BPA .... RIP "GENTELMAN JIM"

MESSAGES->author
Re: Sad Sad Passing
OldNick (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 09:42
Eric,
Agreed, a sad loss.
You’ve posted the funeral details, except for one point. Which day is it?

Jean H
Jean H (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 10:16
Thursday 31st May.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 10:30
Jim seemed to be a fixture at the club for so long. Will be missed.

Mick J Shaw
Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 12:58
Could one of the outside bars or a hospitality rooms be named after gentleman Jim

erick richardson
erick richardson (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 14:26
Good spot Nick, but Jean has it right Thursday May 31st

Thanks Everyone

timdouglas1
timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 15:06
I was told Jim was one of the main people responsible for helping keep the club afloat, and of his genuine affection for the club. Very sad news indeed, and such a shame he will not be here to watch his beloved club in the Championship once again

John Butler
John Butler (IP Logged)
19 May, 2018 21:12
I was so sad to hear the news of Jim's passing.
A lovely, unassuming man, who never sought the accolades, but who quietly did so much in so many ways for Coventry Rugby.
I am even more saddened that at the time of his funeral, I will not be local & will therefore miss it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net