rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Nige H
Standing / Seating adherence
Nige H (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 18:38
Firstly I didnít think Iíd ever use the word Ďadherenceí in a post on social media!! ;-)

But on a more serious note I wasnít particularly happy when the Club introduced the 2 tier charging system, but understood why, but am even less happy that they arenít following it thru with no checking of tickets once in the ground.

Essentially anyone, wether you buy a seating or standing ticket can wander into the main stand and seat down unchecked.
If we are gonna have a policy in place the club needs to police it as you would do any other event. This will be particularly important for when the weather gets worse and people wonít want to choose to stand in the rain, and may Ďsneakí into a seat.

I donít like to moan, but I also donít like to think a) that the club are losing out on money by people seating when they have paid for standing and b) thinking Iíve paid for something that other people havenít.

Please can this be fixed for the next home game to make it right and fair for everyone.
Nige

 
HoboAl
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
HoboAl (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 18:48
Quote:
Nige H
Firstly I didnít think Iíd ever use the word Ďadherenceí in a post on social media!! ;-)
But on a more serious note I wasnít particularly happy when the Club introduced the 2 tier charging system, but understood why, but am even less happy that they arenít following it thru with no checking of tickets once in the ground.

Essentially anyone, wether you buy a seating or standing ticket can wander into the main stand and seat down unchecked.
If we are gonna have a policy in place the club needs to police it as you would do any other event. This will be particularly important for when the weather gets worse and people wonít want to choose to stand in the rain, and may Ďsneakí into a seat.

I donít like to moan, but I also donít like to think a) that the club are losing out on money by people seating when they have paid for standing and b) thinking Iíve paid for something that other people havenít.

Please can this be fixed for the next home game to make it right and fair for everyone.
Nige

If anyone "wanders" into my season ticket seat they will be dragged out by the ear.

 
Nige H
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
Nige H (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 19:03
Mine too..
But, but its the non season ticket seats anyone can seemingly wandwr into and sit on! :-(

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
Kimbo (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 22:13
Funny how they enforced it for the W*sps game, but not since.

 
Nige H
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
Nige H (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 22:24
Yeah kimbo your right, itís a bit odd that the club did it for that one game, and not since.

 
Cov_InPeace
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 20:03
Probably naivety, but I tend to think the best of my fellow supporters.

I don't think there are many fans who'd stiff the club out of a couple of quid, even if like me they don't particularly like the additional charge. With the very rare exception, we're a pretty honest bunch I reckon...

 
Rob C
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
Rob C (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 20:12
Quote:
Cov_InPeace
Probably naivety, but I tend to think the best of my fellow supporters.
I don't think there are many fans who'd stiff the club out of a couple of quid, even if like me they don't particularly like the additional charge. With the very rare exception, we're a pretty honest bunch I reckon...

Ah Russ, I fear you share my misplaced belief that other people have the same sense of fair play.

 
Cov_InPeace
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 20:29
Quote:
Rob C

Ah Russ, I fear you share my misplaced belief that other people have the same sense of fair play.

Ha. Could be, Rob. I'd have made a hopeless copper...

"Oh go on then, as long as you promise never to do it again." smiling smiley



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2018 20:30 by Cov_InPeace.

 
Nige H
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
Nige H (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 20:37
No your both right..
Why donít we get rid of the ticket gates altogether and just have an Ďhonesty boxí!!?
Itís ok people will pay what they should! ;-)

That would also get rid of any queuing issue too! :-)

 
HoboAl
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
HoboAl (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 22:01
I think there is a clear divide about those who want to stand and those who want to sit. I don't think there has been any problems yesterday ...so is it actually an issue.

 
Nige H
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
Nige H (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 07:03
I would agree to a point..
There obviously wouldnít be an issue at the moment as it hasnít been policed, so thereís no way anyone could tell if people have sat when they paid to stand.

Iím sure most regulars would be good boys and girls and follow the rules, 1) because we care, and 2) because we are well aware of them,
But that wonít be the same for the casual supporters or away fans, who could take advantage of the situation.
It canít see that type of thing being allowed to happen in other events, football matches, music concerts, etc. Even Moseley weíre policing their main stand to stop people wandering in Ďby accident.í
None of us would be happy if weíd paid to sit at a concert and then find out that the person next to you had only paid for standing and had, either accidentally or deliberately managed to sit.!

Im surprised that just because itís a rugby club this is even being debated..
It should be enforced like in any other places where this kind of thing happens.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/09/2018 07:15 by Nige H.

 
JEH
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
JEH (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 09:52
Perhaps the club are short of stewards and do not have two persons available to check stand entrance credentials?

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
Bono546 (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 14:37
I agree with the policing of people using the stand but another issue is for those entering the ground and standing at the railway end. If you cannot walk in front of the stand you need to walk around the pitch which would not be satisfactory imho. Alternatively you would need to go under the stand and through the dining area again imho not acceptable to most.
Don't know the answer but there are many issues due to this dual pricing structure perhaps not policing it is the answer

 
captainscarlet
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
19 September, 2018 16:52
Actually opening ticket barriers at the old railway end would eliminate persons having to wander round the ground to go to the bar.However this would still require staffing, all of these new standards should of been trialled/dry runned pre season. Just to see how it would effect foot flow and what if any issues with checking tickets.It takes time for people to change their habits of years, but when a distinct change of policy around admission comes in and we have ticket offices away from the turnstile to control revenue better'.Then the increase in season ticket holders are told thanks, we have your money..it doesnt matter about the people next to you who paid £15 less for themselves.

 
HoboAl
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
HoboAl (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 19:27
The club going up to the Championship introduces a whole raft of problems (beyond our imagination) to manage.

Whether split ticketing between seats and standing is enforced or by choice, the club has to manage it.

Modern management culture, is often poor management; we will deal with the problem when it occurs.....rather than prevent the problem.

 
Rob C
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
Rob C (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 19:45
Quote:
bigm/ mark harrison.
Actually opening ticket barriers at the old railway end would eliminate persons having to wander round the ground to go to the bar.However this would still require staffing, all of these new standards should of been trialled/dry runned pre season. Just to see how it would effect foot flow and what if any issues with checking tickets.It takes time for people to change their habits of years, but when a distinct change of policy around admission comes in and we have ticket offices away from the turnstile to control revenue better'.Then the increase in season ticket holders are told thanks, we have your money..it doesnt matter about the people next to you who paid £15 less for themselves.

The railway end turnstile seems the most logical solution but, as you say, would need staffing with at least 2 people plus a programme seller. That's on top of the two staff you need to police the stand.
Dare I say it but it would appear the whole two tier ticketing idea was dependent on match day staff the club just doesn't have.
Perhaps they anticipated more volunteers.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
OldNick (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 19:58
(Perhaps) i.e. I was told by one of the staf at the time, two staff cried off on Saturday morning.

 
HoboAl
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
HoboAl (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 20:06
Quote:
OldNick
(Perhaps) i.e. I was told by one of the staf at the time, two staff cried off on Saturday morning.

Good point and let's face it clubs at this level rely on volunteers to deliver the service while the punters just expect the service (often with no concept of what that requires).

 
RichC87
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
RichC87 (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 08:29
I don't think anybody is questioning the amount of work involved in stewarding the situation nor the workload for the club staff in general. However, I fully agree with Nige on this, it would not have been a surprise knowing what was involved for the split ticketing to work properly, so the question remains why implement it, just have a flat rate to resolve the issue.

It may be a non issue for some, but I still think the club need to respect those that have paid their money in advance in order to support the club all season. I'm happy to pay my money, but there are plenty out there, sadly, that will abuse the lack of control the club has over this and sit where they shouldn't, and why should they save every game?

 
HoboAl
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
HoboAl (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 10:35
A quick check on Hartpury and Donaster pricing and there is no split between seating and standing, so it is not a Championship regulation.

So Coventry have adopted it as their policy and created a stewarding problem.

I have to say the club have done well to keep prices fairly static in recent years. I think this policy was introduced as a half way house, putting up prices for seating yet allowing people to pay the same as last year for standing.

Last season the club was pretty porous, where people could gain access to the ground from certain car parking areas or even the clubhouse bar for free. For instance a friend of mine who attended a couple of times as a hospitality guest, said he could just walk into the bar and meet his friends. He pointed out what was to stop anybody doing that and gaining access to the ground. I think this year they now have a barrier and a steward just past the turnstiles at the corner of the stand.

Season ticket holders have their seats reserved, so If match day seating tickets sold in advance or on the day are allocated for a specific seat, no one paying for a seat will miss out on their seat. The only people who would be inconvenienced are those trying to cheat the system. However I know some people who pay for seating don't like to be tied to a specific seat as they like the flexibility of being able to sit with friends.

So we are back with the reality of the club cannot please everyone all of the time.

 
HoboAl
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
HoboAl (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 10:45
Remember if things get too segregated people lose flexibility to move around the ground and choices of where they buy their beer or food. I pay for a seat but sometimes stand for certain games to be with friends. Do people really want to be restricted to certain zones only? Then you lose that friendly club feel and you may as well watch Rugby at the Ricoh.

 
Moosemagic
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
Moosemagic (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 11:10
Quote:
HoboAl
Remember if things get too segregated people lose flexibility to move around the ground and choices of where they buy their beer or food. I pay for a seat but sometimes stand for certain games to be with friends. Do people really want to be restricted to certain zones only? Then you lose that friendly club feel and you may as well watch Rugby at the Ricoh.
HA
Why did you feel the need to bring the Ricoh into the equation? After everything that has been said this week about respect, you seem to be suggesting ( and I may be misinterpreting here) that we are a friendly club and Wasps are Not?

Regarding segregation it obviously is not working well and needs to be addressed, having to walk around the pitch to get into the bar is nonsensical and the club will hopefully be looking into improving this situation going forward.



Phil Reynolds

 
erick richardson
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
erick richardson (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 14:50
Just a point of reference for everyone!!!! - The turnstile at the railway end is for standing tickets only and has been open since the start of the season. I hear what everyone is talking about and I understand why they have raised a point. BUT as has been mentioned its the case of having enough staff to control these areas. WE NEED MORE VOLENTEERS ..... If anyone wishes to come along on a match day and help out you will be more than welcome. Anyone who does want to work please make yourself known to one of our match day stewards or ring the office and speak to Jo.. We could use help with parking cars, and as discussed monitoring tickets into the stand......... The other thing to mention is that we always have people who do not turn up on match days, and this is always difficult to deal with but we seem to manage.

 
Roger Fox
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
Roger Fox (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 16:15
Quote:
Moosemagic
Quote:
HoboAl
Remember if things get too segregated people lose flexibility to move around the ground and choices of where they buy their beer or food. I pay for a seat but sometimes stand for certain games to be with friends. Do people really want to be restricted to certain zones only? Then you lose that friendly club feel and you may as well watch Rugby at the Ricoh.
HA
Why did you feel the need to bring the Ricoh into the equation? After everything that has been said this week about respect, you seem to be suggesting ( and I may be misinterpreting here) that we are a friendly club and Wasps are Not?

Regarding segregation it obviously is not working well and needs to be addressed, having to walk around the pitch to get into the bar is nonsensical and the club will hopefully be looking into improving this situation going forward.

I have been to the Ricoh on a few occasions and there does seem to be a friendly atmosphere, although the catering/drinking areas do seem to be a bit industrial.

 
Rob C
Re: Standing / Seating adherence
Rob C (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 16:25
I too have been to a fair few Wasps games at the Ricoh. It's a friendly, family orientated atmosphere and it's quick and easy to buy a drink in the fan village.

The rugby is also some of the best you'll see from an English club side.

It doesn't, however, have a traditional rugby club feel and I guess that's what HoboAl is alluding to rather than denigrating Wasps as a club.

We're poles apart as clubs...Vive la difference!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?