rugbyunion
Latest News:

captainscarlet
Screen suggestion
19 September, 2018 06:35
It would be very good if people wanting celebrate loved ones birthdays , could send a photo via email which could be reproduced on the screen. Thus a far more personal greeting for said supporter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/09/2018 06:43 by bigm/ mark harrison..

Wazeroonie
Re: Screen suggestion
Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 15:57
Also I noticed while watching Saracens v Gloucester yesterday - when a kick at goal was to be taken, “Please respect the kicker” was put up on the screen. Good idea.

CharlieBravo
24 September, 2018 17:47
Quote:
Wazeroonie
Also I noticed while watching Saracens v Gloucester yesterday - when a kick at goal was to be taken, “Please respect the kicker” was put up on the screen. Good idea.

Why can’t JB be asked to use the PA system to make a similar request?

captainscarlet
25 September, 2018 07:06
The point being we have new technology , which we should maximise the use of .

Rob C
Rob C (IP Logged)
25 September, 2018 10:28
I suggested this a week or so ago - it's common practice at grounds with this type of technology and shows we're trying to uphold the right values in our supporters. Shouldn't have to do it but let's not go there again...

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
25 September, 2018 10:50
Quote:
Rob C
I suggested this a week or so ago - it's common practice at grounds with this type of technology and shows we're trying to uphold the right values in our supporters. Shouldn't have to do it but let's not go there again...

Agreed - and it's a much less intrusive solution when people are behaving themselves than needing to use the PA system.

To do it properly, I'd suggest the club prepares a few slide on the RFU core values, and left them playing intermittently pre-game - then used this specific one when kicks were coming up.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
25 September, 2018 15:30
All very well if you can see the darned thing winking smiley

Rob C
Rob C (IP Logged)
25 September, 2018 15:39
Quote:
Kimbo

Absolutely Kimbo. I can't see it either I just thought it would be useful for the rowdy supporters in the main stand...

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
25 September, 2018 21:08
Quote:
Rob C
Quote:
Kimbo

Absolutely Kimbo. I can't see it either I just thought it would be useful for the rowdy supporters in the main stand...

Saga louts, as we're known. Our song is "No one likes us, we can't hear". smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
25 September, 2018 21:24
Quote:
Cov_InPeace
Quote:
Rob C
Quote:
Kimbo

Saga louts, as we're known. Our song is "No one likes us, we can't hear". smiling smiley

Speak fer yersen.

Eh?

Sam Skennel
Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
26 September, 2018 07:14
Quote:
Rob C
Quote:
Kimbo

To save money, we could ask the club to mount a huge mirror on the main stand so that those on the other side of the field could see it. Trouble with that is, if you're looking at it in a mirror, you might think we're losing when we're winning.

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
26 September, 2018 08:16
Easy solution Sam, we'll just get two mirrors in the same plane. Bit fiddly but it eliminates lateral inversion... how I remembered that, I'll never know.

Similarly, if you're having a hard time on the pitch the easiest thing to do is turn your shirt back-to-front. That way it'll look like you're attacking. smiling smiley

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
26 September, 2018 08:59
A little observation about scoreboards. Hartpury had one where the clock stopped when the play stopped. Well that was the theory, because sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't.

The last stoppage saw the clock continue to tick down from about 4 minutes to 2 minutes. When play resumed the announcer was quick on the address system "and the clock says just 2 minutes left." when there was about 4 in reality. I wonder what effect that had on Hartpury players protecting a slender 6 point lead and equally Coventry players trying to overhaul it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net