rugbyunion
Latest News:

sk
team for Richmond
rustyroof (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 13:26
Director of Rugby Rowland Winter makes three changes to the Coventry side that was beaten in the closing stages by London Irish last week for tomorrow’s trip to Richmond.

Two of these are behind the scrum where Will Maisey is rotated back into the starting line-up for Jake Sharp at fly half.

And with James Stokes not recovered from a hamstring strain, former Gloucester back David Halaifonua wears the full back shirt, which allows Rob Knox a start on the left wing.

The only change in the pack which performed so strongly against the Exiles sees new signing Dan Faleafa come into the line-up for his Coventry debut.

The Tongan international replaces dual-registered Leicester lock James Voss who is completing return to play protocols after failing a head injury assessment last weekend.

Winter opts for five forwards on the bench where prop Nathanael Titchard-Jones wears the No.18 shirt.

Rowland Winter said:

“Getting a first away win is a real focus for us this week after our previous disappointing performances at Hartpury and Cornish Pirates.

“Richmond against Coventry is a traditional old-school fixture and one of the reasons why we so looked forward to being back in the Championship.

“They are strong at home; Steve Hill has worked wonders with them and they are a committed group who love playing the underdog.

“They are a tough team who play a brand of rugby that keeps them in games and gets them results which makes them difficult to break down, so we will have to be at our best.”

Coventry Rugby:

1.James Gibbons (5 Coventry appearances to date)

2.Phil Nilsen (28)

3.CharlieBeech (5)

4.Tom Jubb (38)

5.Dan Faleafa (debut)

6.Latu Makaafi (24)

7.Jack Ram (5)

8.Adam Peters (5)

9.Tom Kessell (11)

10.Will Maisey (87)

11.Rob Knox (104)

12.Sam Tuitupou (20)

13.Heath Stevens © (111)

14.Andy Bulumakau (3)

15.David Halaifonua (3)

Replacements:

Scott Tolmie (62)

Luc Jeannot (16)

Nathanael Titchard-Jones (17)

Cameron Gray (4)

Jack Preece (28)

Pete White (48)

Tony Fenner (44)

Cov_InPeace
Re: team for Richmond
Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 16:16
Always good form to include a link to the source, I think, so here it is:

http://www.coventryrugby.co.uk/2018/10/05/richmond-v-coventry-rugby-team-news-rowland-winter-makes-three-changes/

That looks like a pretty strong squad to me. Here's hoping for the first win on the road.

Cheers,

Russ.

CovBlueLou
CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 16:32
Does anyone else get direct to ‘dodgy’ sites when accessing the clubs website on mobile (I’m using iPhone)

Nige H
Nige H (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 17:38
Yes Lou I get the same.. apparently I have a virus on my iphone.. which is impossible.
Nige

sk
rustyroof (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 17:44
There was a comment on the LI forum along the same lines.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 22:57
Yes, and I highlighted the fact I was obviously in need of little blue pills (according to the offy, anyway) on here some time ago winking smiley
Still happening. Not on the laptop though. Missus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2018 23:23 by Kimbo.

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 23:06
The site is currently throwing up pop ups. Almost as bad as the Coventry Telegraphy site with click bait.

Diesel74
Diesel74 (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 09:08
Sadly, for me anyway, it means I'm not reading anything on the website. So I'm missing out, apart from on here smiling smiley

Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net