rugbyunion
Latest News:

poplarside
Previous Canadian Visitors
poplarside (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 11:44
At Coundon Rd I remember Cov playing Ontario. Cov won, Ontario had a fine No.8 called Al Charron who became a great Canadian international.
Another Coundon Rd game was Warwickshire Colts v British Columbia U-19's in which a young Coventry Saracens Prop named Darren Garforth played.

sk
Re: Previous Canadian Visitors
rustyroof (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 15:32
I remember Meraloma rugby club from Vancouver at Coundon Rd in the early 70s.

John Butler
John Butler (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 15:45
This is the first time Cov have played the Canada National side & they of course are the first National side to play at the BPA.

I have checked back on dates

Veraloms was Sept 1973 Cov won 21 -6
Ontario season 1990/91, Cov won 24 -15

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2018 15:46 by John Butler.

BackTenRef?
BackTenRef? (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 18:55
Quote:
John Butler
This is the first time Cov have played the Canada National side & they of course are the first National side to play at the BPA.
I have checked back on dates

Veraloms was Sept 1973 Cov won 21 -6
Ontario season 1990/91, Cov won 24 -15

National RUGBY side...

The BPA has been used for international American football matches previously. These are now held at Sixways and the domestic ‘bowl’ games split between the Allianz and Don Valley

Though when we get the 3G I hope that Cov would be a great venue to bid for these too

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net