rugbyunion
Latest News:

Tom Jordan
Fans Forum
Tom Jordan (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 07:30
Could not make it last night, can anybody give a brief summary of what was said?

Jean H
Re: Fans Forum
Jean H (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 07:53
Same for us please.Thank you.

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 09:00
I have put post on "how exciting" regarding trial tackle law.

RW explained there is currently around 37 players at club and with development and U18s goes up to over 50.

Development players don't cost us a lot as loan clubs pay their match day fees. Each player has a development programme inside and outside rugby. Each player has a nominated charity and school to work with.

RW said injuries worse that anticipated, there have been about 5 first choice forwards who have played less than 50per cent of games disrupting the team gelling.

Club realise although they thought conditioning and physio was up to speed it is not. Physio department needs more people so players get 16 minutes rather than 5. Training programme moving towards full time now. No evening Thursday training as it is now a full day session. Benefits should be seen in next couple of months.

Contracts nearly signed for ground development starting at car park end. Best available artificial pitch to be laid in April. Worcester currently have best.

This is start of four year plan to get team and stadium up to Prem standard.

Contracts being sorted with Squad at moment, A lot of them will be retained, but some will be released. Development players will be given time to develop, learn rugby with other clubs and allowed to make mistakes. But doesn't want them making mistakes in a Coventry shirt.

Will be fielding strong teams in the cup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2018 10:12 by HoboAl.

Tom Jordan
Tom Jordan (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 09:23
Quote:
HoboAl
I have put post on "how exciting" regarding trial tackle law.
RW explained their is currently around 37 players at club and with development and U18s goes up to over 50.

Development players don't cost us a lot as loan clubs pay their match day fees. Each player has a development programme inside and outside rugby. Each player has a nominated charity and school to work with.

RW said injuries worse that anticipated, their have been about 5 first choice forwards who have played less than 50per cent of games disrupting the team gelling.

Club realise although they thought conditioning and physio was up to speed it is not. Physio department needs more people so players get 16 minutes rather than 5. Training programme moving towards full time now. No evening Thursday training as it is now a full day session. Benefits should be seen in next couple of months.

Contracts nearly signed for ground development starting at car park end. Best available artificial pitch to be laid in April. Worcester currently have best.

This is start of four year plan to get team and stadium up to Prem standard.

Contracts being sorted with Squad at moment, A lot of them will be retained, but some will be released. Development players will be given time to develop, learn rugby with other clubs and allowed to make mistakes. But doesn't want them making mistakes in a Coventry shirt.

Will be fielding strong teams in the cup.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Rob C
Rob C (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 10:01
Thanks for that Al - Interesting reading.

Jean H
Jean H (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 10:16
Thanks HoboAl,interesting reading.

Sam Skennel
Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 16:03
Quote:
A lot of them will be retained, but some will be released. Development players will be given time to develop, learn rugby with other clubs and allowed to make mistakes.

That will be interesting, given that Rowland has built the squad from scratch (pretty much) but I guess he's finding out which of them can't quite make the step up. I'm guessing we might be disappointed with some of the names.

Quote:
But doesn't want them making mistakes in a Coventry shirt.
Neither do we! :-)

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 17:22
Quote:
Sam Skennel
Quote:
A lot of them will be retained, but some will be released. Development players will be given time to develop, learn rugby with other clubs and allowed to make mistakes.

That will be interesting, given that Rowland has built the squad from scratch (pretty much) but I guess he's finding out which of them can't quite make the step up. I'm guessing we might be disappointed with some of the names.

Quote:
But doesn't want them making mistakes in a Coventry shirt.
Neither do we! :-)

Well you can only bring in what is available on your budget and we are in with the bottom clubs. You can't sign 20 players and get them all right.

He also said we had a three year plan to get promoted from Nat 1 but did it in two. So have a few contracts hanging over from that.

Remember Sam, this is year 1 promoted. Year 1 of a 4 year plan building a team to win this division and develop the stadium. Fans have to learn to be patient. If fans don't go to these forums they miss out on the detail and the opportunity to ask questions. The club is growing in a holistic way and in my opinion is in excellent hands.

When judging how players perform remember the opposition is much tougher this year. Our coaching staff don't have their finger in the wind, they have a host of stats to back up the selections. Even the experienced players are on a learning curve as the Championship is forever moving up a gear.

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 17:33
Please remember folks RW spoke in detail for an hour plus. My post is really condensed and bullet pointed.

Sam Skennel
Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
11 November, 2018 07:55
Thanks Al - I probably understand that more then most, having said the same last season. My point though simply was that it will be interesting to see which players are released.

No5ing more, nothing less.

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
11 November, 2018 09:25
Sam, someone did ask if he was willing to say who would be released. The answer was "No, but we would find outin the summer."

To me it seemed pretty clear he has identified who he will move on. He suggested the squad would stay as it is now for the season (emergencies aside).
Some players are on 2 year contracts, some a one year but he has the option to trigger a second year. Then the ones who are still under contract but signed for Nat 1. He suggested the backs are not as strong as he would like?

Sam and Latu are not getting any younger although for me both are still performing well. RW said Latu keeps banging his door wanting to be in the team. RW suggested he will figure once the pitches get muddier

He said Luc Jeannot was expected to play about 10 games (mainly cup) plus about 15 on loan. But due to injuries and suspension has featured in the first 9 games. RW expanded on the facts and obviously sees him as a bright prospect. He said, he has done really well but has been thrown in at the deep end, also suggesting it has not been the best for his development.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2018 09:32 by HoboAl.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net