rugbyunion
Latest News:

markoddy
Cov Bears
Mark (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 06:56
I see Cov Bears are opening their season with a home friendly fixture v Leeds Rhinos the Friday night before we play the Pirates at home. (Jan 19th)
That will be a mud bath then if last year is anything to go by!
I imagine no surface covers have or will be purchased to reduce the exposure to the elements , keeping it dry as much as possible .
Cov United players struggled on Saturday with it already cutting up badly so little hope of a grass surface by then if it cant be protected

MESSAGES->author
Re: Cov Bears
OldNick (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 08:30
It won't be protected. No one is going to buy covers for a pitch that is expected to be dug up and replaced.

markoddy
Mark (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 09:30
I wasnt saying they would buy expensive covers, giant plastic sheets could be an option if could be pinned down. Prob 200 doubt if that will happen , same as trying to get 3 rugby matches and a football match in 8 days on it mid January

erick richardson
erick richardson (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 12:54
Na your right Nick, we wont be buying covers NOT even a plastic sheets. Frost covers only cover to -4 anything below that and you would still get a problem. The problem will come when I cant get any machinery onto the pitch,like today so we will not have a flat surface.Due to the amount of water expected over the coming months will cause a problem and something we need to deal with to the best of my ability ?? The other thing is that rolling the pitch may look better BUT it compacts and that is not what we want.

markoddy
Mark (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 16:25
Quote:
erick richardson
Na your right Nick, we wont be buying covers NOT even a plastic sheets. Frost covers only cover to -4 anything below that and you would still get a problem. The problem will come when I cant get any machinery onto the pitch,like today so we will not have a flat surface.Due to the amount of water expected over the coming months will cause a problem and something we need to deal with to the best of my ability ?? The other thing is that rolling the pitch may look better BUT it compacts and that is not what we want.
In no way was i aiming anything at you Erick, you do an absolutely amazing job continually up against it to provide a fantastic surface considering the foot traffic, elements and sheer volume of impact damage caused by so many sports.
I find it hard to understand though how the club allow a friendly rugby league match the night before a crucial game for the team .... Especially after what happened last season when the same scenario was in place

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
08 December, 2018 22:17
Quote:
Mark
I wasnt saying they would buy expensive covers, giant plastic sheets could be an option if could be pinned down. Prob 200 doubt if that will happen , same as trying to get 3 rugby matches and a football match in 8 days on it mid January

Nice theory that wouldn't work and be a waste of money.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net