rugbyunion
Latest News:

Straightout
Donny at home!
Straightout (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 08:42
A week to go until a big game at the fortress BPA against Doncaster.. they will be targeting a win here, they are an experienced side and although they will know about our record they will believe they can do us..been a bit of a gap for the die hard league campaign lovers so hoping we can get over 2200 and drive the lads on. We were getting 2000 for cup which surprised me so hoping we pick up 2 or 3 hundred more although itís January.. there will Def be an anticipation amongst the lads and our core 2000 Cov lovers. Really looking forward to the roar again as are the players chatting to them at the gym. Selection wise v interested to see who Rowland goes with as he will have a few back. Big Dave H will be up for it but we have max, stoksey and knoxy too if he moves from centre. Not sure on Heath or Sam but backs will be interesting. In the pack we have two strong front rows and our scrummaging is starting to take hold in this league with the work Boris and Deacs are doing plus Boults being back with his experience. Lock will be interesting if Voss is fit but canít look past Oram and jubby is a great line out forward. Blindside will be interesting too after Latu has had a run in the team.. remember Rowland saying he was knocking on his door wanting to play. Would like to see Tolmie in the squad. He is a great impact player who scores tries regularly and is a big unit when game breaks up.. canít wait for us and the boys to get back into it and try and Consolidate top half. will be a v tough game but exciting. Our draw at Nottingham proves the fight in our side..letís do it with them

HoboAl
Re: Donny at home!
HoboAl (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 10:12
Really looking forward to it. But a tricky fixture to kick off 2019. There are no easy fixtures in this league.

John Butler
John Butler (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 11:53
In the context of the whole season, the next two games, both at home, in my view are of paramount importance.

medusarog
medusarog (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 16:41
Sadly, on holiday (bad planning), but will be following game from Lanzarote

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 17:31
Quote:
John Butler
In the context of the whole season, the next two games, both at home, in my view are of paramount importance.

I think every home game is of paramount importance, as well as Leeds taking points off the team's below us.

CharlieBravo
06 January, 2019 18:39
Think youíre absolutely right JB, they have to potential to heavily influence our season, and itís of utmost importance that we capitalise on the opportunity which consecutive homes games presents.

Nige H
Nige H (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 19:32
Looking forward to this one.. itís been an odd season so far with the cup Ďbreakí in the middle.. so will be good to get the season going again and see if anyone has played their way into league team selection.

markoddy
Mark (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 15:17
I feel the cup competition has been great for the squad . Players had more time learning about each other and hopefully a couple of weeks off has refreshed all their batteries.
The teams that have been sent out in the cup have been really strong and dont feel there can be a first choice 15 just a matchday 22 that complement each other for the full 80 minutes.
I really hope we kick on and win the two up coming home league games and then can go all out in the cup at London Irish with a semi final spot looming , which would do the club justice in the way it has moved forward over the last few seasons and hopefully on to a final which surely would bring a bigger fanbase for the future if it was achieved

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2019 15:19 by Mark.

Straightout
Straightout (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 16:30
Great post Mark,although London Irish away in the cup is a near impossible task for us at this point in our development I feel with the caveat that London Irish may rest many/some of their first 15 players and underestimate us.. that I think is our only hope as I think Rowland will go for it with his full squad.. realistically we are unlikely to beat Irish away top squad v top squad. totally agree would be great if we could win next two home games.. big ask but possible as we are diff to beat at home and like you say the team has had more chance to gel in cup.. we are slight favs against Donny I think, pirates would be slight favs in my opinion. Both great games to enjoy and our fans will be up for it

markoddy
Mark (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 17:18
I agree Straightout, London Irish is hell of an ask however they line up.
Its more of a cross fingers and toes rather than a wink and grin build up...
Lets hope they slip up in the league at Notts the friday before
.Our travelling support will need to be as loud and fearsome as it was at Notts before Christmas and then some more!
Cant wait for the roar at the BPA this Saturday ! Help the lads get 5 points to close up on the 6 above and then less looking over our shoulder to below hopefully

timdouglas1
timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 21:45
It's been a strange season really. Doncaster will be our first home league game since 27th of October, and our first home game for 5 weeks. It all seems surreal, almost like starting the league season all over again. I really do wish there were 16 teams in the Championship, and a straight knockout cup competition akin to the old John Player Cup. Okay, I know there will be people saying Premier League teams have European fixtures to fulfill, but they have squads where they can surely string 22 players together to meet fixture requirements. Just imagine Northampton being drawn at Broadstreet, the finances generated could possibly keep them stable for quite some time. I accept the cup competition has been a tool for Rowland to run his eye over some good Development players, but I for one have been disappointed by the whole format this season, and totally bewildered as to why there were no fixtures in The Championship for January 5th. I suppose I'm just a crumpled old has been who gets easily confused. Ho-hum

MESSAGES->author
Bono546 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 11:01
Agree totally with the last bit Tim, you being a crumpled old ......

timdouglas1
timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 18:08
Oh the cheek!

HiTop
HiTop (IP Logged)
12 January, 2019 21:13
Well not a great showing by either team, Donny there for the taking but poor execution from Cov stopped us getting any momentum in the game, as great as Pete White is, i still prefer to see him come on later in the game and really up the pace.
This team has much more and i look forward to seeing it again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net