rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MESSAGES->author
Farcical - who the hell are we playing this weekend?
OldNick (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 13:05
'Hartpury' squad = It's not just Bristol who are attempting to manipulate Championship resuls to keep a 'shadow' team in the Championship...

15 M Protheroe, Bristol loan
14 B Foley,
13 C Powell, Brisol loan
12 J Forrester,
11 J Henry;
10 L Evans, Gloucester loan
9 H Cochrane;

1 D Murphy,
2 W Tanner,
3 J Armstrong; Bristol loan
4 A Craig, Gloucester loan
5 S Linsell;
6 S Graham, Bristol loan
7 A Qera,
8 I Grieve.

Replacements:

16 L Stratford,
17 D Merrey,
18 J Morris, Worcester loan (prop)
19 E Ehizode, Bristol loan
20 M Gilbert,
21 C Chapman, Gloucester loan (9)
22 S Leeming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2019 08:34 by AdminBTCov.

HoboAl
Re: Farcial - who the hell are we playing this weekend?
HoboAl (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 13:14
I thought there was a limit to the number of loans you could have in a matchday squad?

Spookykid
Spookykid (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 13:18
I too was under the impression that there is a limit. Wasn't it four when we were in Nat 1?

Makes a mockery of the Championship.

Nige H
Nige H (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 13:28
Itís a complete mockery of the system that nearly half the hartpury team are not signed to Hartpury.... how is this even allowed or fair?
As other have said, isnít there a rule for the maximum that can be on the pitch at anyone one time?

Itís funny I was thinking what would happen aka cov/Wakefield and it all came down to the last gsme of the season and then Bristol let them Ďborrowí a bunch of players to get them to win?
Surely that could be seen as match fixing on one way or another??

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 13:35
Quote:
Spookykid
I too was under the impression that there is a limit. Wasn't it four when we were in Nat 1?
Makes a mockery of the Championship.

The last season in NL1 it went up to 10, in various comninations of loan, dual registered, England qualified academy players etc. etc. The two teams who made significant use of it were Old Albanian and Leiscesterborough Students who frequently had over 7.

John Butler
John Butler (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 15:05
I have been wracking my brain to recall what date the transfer deadline is ? Have a feeling it must be End February.
What a disgrace & farce this makes the Championship though.

C'MON COV IN A BIG WAY - LETS REALLY GET THAT BPA ROAR GOING !

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 15:46
No longer Hartpury College more like South West Select.

tomthepom
tomthepom (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 16:16
Quote:
John Butler
I have been wracking my brain to recall what date the transfer deadline is ? Have a feeling it must be End February.

Yes I recall late Feb in previous seasons, but this season's is a little later = March 22, clubs were reminded this week.

allthegear
allthegear (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 16:42
It shows how worried they are about playing an improved and now more experienced Cov. I am sure the management and squad are looking forward to the challenge and expect our TEAM can win, especially with Cov supporters roaring them on.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 16:58
ďA Club may not play or select as a replacement or substitute in a Match more than 13 players from another club of which no more than three shall be Loan Players and the others (up to the maximum of 10) must be England Academy Playersunder the age of 24 as at 1 September 2018.Ē

No need to worry about transferring them in. Just use them to survive, and in return vote for ringfencing at both ends of the Championship, with Championship teams being the paired feeders to the permanently protected premiership teams.

Disgusting.

Straightout
Straightout (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 18:07
Donít worry remember we put 50 points on wasps squad players pre season (realise itís not the same as league rugby but on paper they were strong) These were good players many of which have played for the first team this year.. they wonít have had enough time to develop systems etc although they will be fine players of the future. Itís a team game and we have some good wise heads in our team..no doubt they will have flair though.. letís get behind our pack and see if they can handle us .the full back etc will be dangerous. You can put a team together in 4 days and gel at a high level

Straightout
Straightout (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 18:17
Canít put a team together in 4 days not can 😊

captainscarlet
08 February, 2019 18:37
It is totally farcical and once again it shows up our sport in a bad light. Of course if there was no relegation and promotion in this league it wouldnt matter about unfair results.Maybe Richmond could get 5 in from Quins and scottish from saracens.We could have regional rugby by stealth.
The administrators within the heirachy of rugby,get there lead from the politicians in parliament.Stuff the people/supporters of this great game.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 18:51
One positive thought.

I best most of these loaners have never played on a muddy BPA pitch, especially one conjured up by Storm Eric!

Mind you, some of their older ex-Glawster players will have done.

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 19:03
As distasteful as it all is, I'm expecting a very good 5-0 tomorrow.
The players certainly won't need any more motivation, and the entrance-paying 16th man should be on top form.
Gwarn Cov!

timdouglas1
timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 19:11
Maybe I am a little naive here, but if Hartpury had a crippling injury crisis, then I could understand the need for so many emergency loanees playing, but in my opinion, this all smacks of desperation on their part

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2019 12:40 by timdouglas1.

captainscarlet
09 February, 2019 12:13
Dont forget they come from a background where they run multiple teams ie for the university cup/league matches.So if things were that bad they wouldnt be able to run these other teams.Old albanians was worse still in the fact they didnt have injuries, they just ostracised people who had played for them since juniors, in favour of temps.

covkid53
covkid53 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 11:11
I remember in the good old days when on occasion Coventry loaned players to the visitors arriving on the day short of players, for one reason or another.

But they were squad players and did not usually skew the game or result.

timdouglas1
timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 11:55
The whole point here is are Hartpury playing by the rules, or merely stretching them? The whole situation seem strange, to say the least if you can loan up to a month before season end. Should the RFU take a look at this ruling and make it a 4 week market from new year like the ruling is in place regarding football?

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 12:08
The 'window' in football is universally disliked, and God forbid rugby goes that way.
However, I'd be happy to limit movement after, say, Feb 28th to 'emergency' loans only, as long as they were properly policed a la the EFL/FA rules in place.
CCFC had an emergency loan goalkeeper in yesterday due to the genuine unavailability of all their squad 'keepers. He was signed for seven days, and returns to his parent club after that. The loan can only be extended should CCFC prove the same circumstances still exist for their next scheduled game
That's how it should work IMO, not how the RFU seem to think it should.

Bag Inton
Ken I L Worth (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 08:43
Just for accuracy,none of the players marked as 'Gloucester' in the list above are actually loan players. They are dual registered with Gloucester and play most of their rugby for Hartpury allowing them to get uplifted to the Gloucester senior teams as injury cover. Due to the injury crisis at Gloucester they have been called on far more this season to ply their trade at Kingsholm rather than at the tiny hamlet that is Hartpury.

What the rules and procedure are for dual registered players...the Lord only knows!

All the same, as a 'neutral', it was a good game in tricky conditions and a big turnaround from the Cov team early in the second half and unlucky not to get the 5th point at the end. Great respect from the club for Bill and Jan and as always a very impressive array of former players.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 09:17
Quote:
Ken I L Worth
Just for accuracy,none of the players marked as 'Gloucester' in the list above are actually loan players. They are dual registered with Gloucester and play most of their rugby for Hartpury allowing them to get uplifted to the Gloucester senior teams as injury cover. Due to the injury crisis at Gloucester they have been called on far more this season to ply their trade at Kingsholm rather than at the tiny hamlet that is Hartpury.
What the rules and procedure are for dual registered players...the Lord only knows!

All the same, as a 'neutral', it was a good game in tricky conditions and a big turnaround from the Cov team early in the second half and unlucky not to get the 5th point at the end. Great respect from the club for Bill and Jan and as always a very impressive array of former players.

Sadly, the announcements from Hartpury in their local press, portrayed them as loaners.

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 11:30
Quote:
Ken I L Worth
ply their trade at Kingsholm rather than at the tiny hamlet that is Hartpury.

Hartpury? A tiny hamlet? That's a stretch.

tonker
tonker (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 13:09
i'm inclined to think that some of the adverse comments about harpurys loanees are a little unfair.i'm sure if cov were in the same position supporters would welcome reinforcements.yes they have a lot but its within the rules.
a few seasons ago cov had 3 or 4 wasps loan players for a while, who made a real difference. last season, if i recall correctly, tom kessel was a loanee and played extremely well.
cant believe there only 3 home games left, this league needs expanding!

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 14:49
There is a massive difference between the long-establioshed ptactive of having a small number of loanees/DRs (usually totalling a maximum of 3 or 4) and/or occasional emergency cover for late season injuries, and wholesale replacement of half a team.

Last season NL1 was distoprted by the use of similar numbers (often 8-9) externalplayers by Loughborough STudents (from Leicester) and by Old Albanian (I think from Saracens). OA were still relagated, but Loughborough survived. In both cases there was widespread disapproval from across the division. Nowe Hartpury are doing the same thing in the Championship.

There is a wider concern than just the results of a few matches. With the threat of removal of promotpon and relegation either at teh end of this season, or a year later, and the professed intent by sonme at the RFU and in the Premiership to make the Chamhionship into subsaidiary feeder clubs owned and managed by indicidual Premiership clubs, anything which aids movements in this direction (albeit by the back door), should be opposed. Should Hartpury survive in the Championship by these means, would they be in any position to vote against ring fencing when the management of Gloucester, Bristol, and Worcester tell them to do otherwise, or face withfrawl of the crutch which keeps them from relegation?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net