rugbyunion
Latest News:

Diesel74
A blog bemoaning the state of English rugby ahead of Hartpury game
Diesel74 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 13:21
[markdieselforster.wordpress.com]

If you agree, have a say or share on social media where you can.

I feel the junior clubs and their fans need to have their say.

Mark

MESSAGES->author
Re: A blog bemoaning the state of English rugby ahead of Hartpury game
OldNick (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 22:04
I trust that as well as being written as an open letter, it is also being sent as a genuine letter too.

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 22:07
Hopefully. But I've tweeted it, and I'd suggest that's the least we can do.

Diesel74
Diesel74 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 11:03
Quote:
OldNick
I trust that as well as being written as an open letter, it is also being sent as a genuine letter too.

Oh indeed. I may be wrong, but I stand by my convictions.

It has been emailed to HQ.

Mark

Paul Harrison1874
Paul Harrison1874 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 19:16
Mark, not only schoolboy rugby is 'in a mess', but all rugby below the Premier clubs. The eight year deal the RFU has with the Prem clubs is a major reason for the problems we are seeing. Too much money has been promised to the Prem clubs, and, with the overspend at Twickenham, it is everybody else who is paying. Huge cuts are being made, staff redundancies before Christmas, more to follow, some within RFU walls are wishing to curtail county championships at senior, U20 and U18, and abolish U15 representative rugby, and turn U16 to the professional clubs. The RFU's jumbled thinking is causing all levels to think about whether the governing body actually represents us. More battles ahead.

zinzanh
zinzanh (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 19:04
Both junior clubs I played for no longer exist along with far too many of the ones I played against. Sad.

CharlieBravo
14 February, 2019 16:40
Mark, I very much hope that Bill will not only read your letter but will reply. Iíd love to hear his thoughts although, I have no doubt, he will need to play his cards appropriately and ultimately play the corporate one.

Diesel74
Diesel74 (IP Logged)
23 February, 2019 11:01
No response to email, but England's Grand Slam winning captain has read it and liked it on Twitter.

Hmmm.

Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net