rugbyunion
Latest News:

tomthepom
Jersey trip
tomthepom (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 15:23
T-minus 6 weeks - we are really looking forward to hosting Cov on the last weekend of the league season.

Sounds as if there'll be a huge contingent, perhaps even approaching the numbers of Irish in November, which we thought were around 800.

Our info for visiting supporters is HERE - and we will be opening on Friday night for those wanting to do a recce of the ground and enjoy some eve-of-match banter/beer...

Also to advise that Flybe have recently released their summer schedule and the prices are still reasonable at the moment for certain flights. You can do it as a day-trip from B'ham (arrive at 12, leave at 7.40pm) for £120 as things stand, although I'd recommend a longer stay if you have the time/budget - Island has lots to offer. As well as Birmingham Flybe go from East Mids and Doncaster, or there's a choice of Gatwick options (BA or Eazy), or Aurigny from Heathrow to Guernsey & connect from there... teams are going Eazy from Luton, so that's pricey.

Good luck for your next four games + see you soon!

MESSAGES->author
Re: Jersey trip
OldNick (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 16:06
Thanks for the welcome. I know Iíve been booked since July!

tomthepom
tomthepom (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 21:20
Quote:
OldNick
Thanks for the welcome. I know Iíve been booked since July!

Our pleasure Nick. Much of my detail was aimed at less assiduous supporters who might nevertheless enjoy the trip. But you are all welcome!

Jersey 1st (pro) & Athletic (amateur) sides normally alternate their home games - April 27 will only be the third time this season that they've both been at home on the same day. The Athletic will take on Cov 2s ('Development'? 'Nighthawks'? not sure what they're called) in the curtain-raiser: provisional KO time 12noon.

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 22:57
Development, probably Tom.
Really wish me and the memsahib could make it over, but it's well above my pay grade.

HoboAl
HoboAl (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 09:24
Kim and I will be over Wednesday to Monday.

MDCS
MDCS (IP Logged)
17 March, 2019 01:52
For the last umpteen years I have been part of a large group that have an away weekend based around one of Coventry's away matches. Otley Warfedale Darlington (We stayed in Reeth) and the like. Friday to Monday. Drinks meals Rugby and walks. There was only one choice for this years away weekend. JERSEY. No competition.We are about sixteen strong. The word around the club is full of talk about the Jersey game. So many have booked up. Yes you will be visited en masse.Difficult to predict numbers though. Looking forward to it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net