rugbyunion
Latest News:

Mick J Shaw
Next Season
Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 14:12
How will next season be run with the world cup on will the start later especially the premiership or will they just play as normal.
Also any chance of getting extra teams into the championship and doing away with the cup or are they changing the format of the cup,please enlighten me

 
Rob C
Re: Next Season
Rob C (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 14:20
Quote:
Mick J Shaw
How will next season be run with the world cup on will the start later especially the premiership or will they just play as normal.
Also any chance of getting extra teams into the championship and doing away with the cup or are they changing the format of the cup,please enlighten me

Next season has all been planned and organised by the RFU. I also believe pigs will be flying over Butts Park Arena this weekend...

 
covmick1/Michael Carter
Re: Next Season
10 April, 2019 14:40
Quote:
Mick J Shaw
How will next season be run with the world cup on will the start later especially the premiership or will they just play as normal.
Also any chance of getting extra teams into the championship and doing away with the cup or are they changing the format of the cup,please enlighten me

The cup was set up on a two year format. But things may change.



covmick/Michael Carter

 
Diesel74
Re: Next Season
Diesel74 (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 14:41
Reading the losses of the Premiership clubs this week, getting worse season by season, and I wonder whether those in charge are running our sport into the ground for a cheap buck here and there.

Look at the comments of Saracens head honcho Nigel Wray and rugby, the way it has developed, is unsustainable.

Richmond, now Leeds going part-time. The Sun Wolves struggling and several Australian clubs.

The greed and desire to win trophies, backed by millionaire and billionaire owners, has not helped, but the RFU attitude - at first outdated and now acquiesent - doesn't help.

The way the Championship is being ignored is disgraceful.

Mark

 
Moosemagic
Re: Next Season
Moosemagic (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 14:55
The Cup competition was planned for two seasons and my understanding is that due to the RWC the Championship cup competition will start in Sept.



Phil Reynolds

 
CovBlueLou
Re: Next Season
CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 17:30
Quote:
Moosemagic
The Cup competition was planned for two seasons and my understanding is that due to the RWC the Championship cup competition will start in Sept.

Makes sense I guess, but it would be a shame to lose the ‘favourable’ early season conditions for the league fixtures we had this year which played a part, I can’t help think those dry Saturdays early season benefited our style of play!

 
Alinta
Re: Next Season
Alinta (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 18:25
As I understand it & I maybe wrong, September will be for cup matches only with league fixtures commencing end of September. or early October. Similarly, November will also be a dedicated cup month. The real question is what will happen the following season, hopefully the cup competition will be ditched and more teams allowed to play in an expanded Championship.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?