rugbyunion
Latest News:

Unofficial Coventry Rugby
To AGP or Not to AGP...
Unofficial Coventry Rugby (IP Logged)
05 June, 2019 09:56
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2019 10:00 by AdminBTCov.

HoboAl
Re: To AGP or Not to AGP...
HoboAl (IP Logged)
05 June, 2019 19:17
Unfortunately with the small amount of land. Coventry Rugby have AGP is the only way to go. The Bears appear to wish to return. Short notice is not down to Coventry Rugby it will be down to funding applications; Bears and United should have been prepared for the possibilities.

timdouglas1
timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 06:21
I asked Nick a few weeks ago at the meeting would the pitch be hybrid, just like most Premiership football grounds, or would it be artificial, and he pointed out it would be the latter. I guess the hybrid pitch must be an astronomically high cost

PaulRossborough
PaulRossborough (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 07:38
Quote:
timdouglas1
I asked Nick a few weeks ago at the meeting would the pitch be hybrid, just like most Premiership football grounds, or would it be artificial, and he pointed out it would be the latter. I guess the hybrid pitch must be an astronomically high cost

Nick's response was indeed the latter but didnt suggest cost was the reason as the pitch we are having (if ever confirmed by the club) is one if the best around and therefore comes with such a price tag. If I recall correctly he actually cited the lack of water as a factor in the decision making process. Hybrids require regular watering, artificial requires none.

All views expressed in this post, are my own

Rob C
Rob C (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 08:12
The hybrid pitch at the Ricoh appears to be barely coping with two teams playing on it. With the amount of usage planned for BPA a hybrid would be inadequate.

erick richardson
erick richardson (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 08:24
???????????????? - It will soon be "Christmas"

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 09:00
Quote:
Rob C
The hybrid pitch at the Ricoh appears to be barely coping with two teams playing on it. With the amount of usage planned for BPA a hybrid would be inadequate.
I think 'barely coping' is a slight exaggeration Rob. It's awful.

Rob C
Rob C (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 10:10
Quote:
AdminBTCov
Quote:
Rob C
I think 'barely coping' is a slight exaggeration Rob. It's awful.

Thankfully I've only been up once this season...winking smiley

covkid53
covkid53 (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 09:29
Let's be clear, Cov rugby, Cov Bears, Cov Utd, Cov Utd ladies. Sometimes others, all playing on a grass surface ?

Nah, it ain't happening. Has to be an artificial surface, but even they wear under constant hard use. 2 seasons and it could be toast, very expensive to repair or replace.

Careful choices need to be made.

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 09:36
Choice has already been made, so everyone now just has to get on with it.
For better or worse, etc.

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing our new playing surface.

erick richardson
07 June, 2019 13:14
So much speculation ??? all in good time Ladies & Gents

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 13:18
Is your question mark key sticking again Eric?

erick richardson
10 June, 2019 08:13
Yep.... So many questions,

Rob C
Rob C (IP Logged)
10 June, 2019 08:18
Certainly more questions than answers...

Jean H
Jean H (IP Logged)
10 June, 2019 11:42
Does anyone know(besides the powers that be)if any work has started on the Butts pitch yet? if so when is there going to be an official announcement for the loyal fans,we shouldn't have to hear important news like this from the Rugby league manager.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
10 June, 2019 11:50
None had started when I dropped by the club last week.

covkid53
covkid53 (IP Logged)
14 June, 2019 19:21
Erick is a @#$%& and a wind up merchant, he knows you know 😂

abdabs99rugby
abdabs (IP Logged)
16 June, 2019 22:13
Not sure what your symbols mean covkid but doubt that they are appropriate!. When it's time to know we will be informed... Why all the impatience??. As head groundsman of course Erick will know but it dosent mean he has to tell you!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net