rugbyunion
Latest News:

Moosemagic
Birmingham&Solihull
Moosemagic (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 10:51
Birmingham and Solihull RFC, who last season were competing in the fourth tier of English rugby, has taken the dramatic decision to withdraw from the Midlands league system.

Another one who feels the financial squeeze.....?

Phil Reynolds

John Butler
Re: Birmingham&Solihull
John Butler (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 12:20
From last week's Rugby Paper, it was confirmed Pete Glackin, who had been Director of Rugby, had been taken on board by Adam Balding, the new chief at Birmingham Moseley, as their new Head Coach

Moosemagic
Moosemagic (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 12:32
I see that Rob Norman has also gone to mose.

Phil Reynolds

MESSAGES->author
OldNick (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 14:27
There has been a thread running on Rolling Maul about this since 18th May which Kimbo and I have been following with interest.

Until B&S had a general meeting on 4th of June it seemed to mainly cover B&S losing all (well 29 of) their adult squad and coaching staff to (mainly) a mixture of Bournville and Mosely, while their supporters denied anything was happening and lashed out at anyone who commented.

Since their GM, it has become clear that they have folded back to being an amateur club in the merit leagues.

One other familiar name has cropped up. Phil Maynard, who is now in charge of the team at Bournville.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2019 17:18 by OldNick.

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 17:09
I have sympathy for the few people who follow the club.
Little to none for the club itself.
Karma springs to mind.

poplarside
poplarside (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 19:41
Quite a fall from grace for a club that once won a cup-tie at Wasps under the name of Pertemps Bees. Sharman's Cross was always a tough ground for Cov to get a win on

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 11:19
I note that Stewart Pearl has now been announced as part of the Mose coaching setup.
This, along with Norman, Balding, and Glacks is beginning to look like a (ex) Cov takeover there (Sm14)

poplarside
poplarside (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 20:35
Looking at the league they're entering next season it appears they will play Camp Hill...3rd XV.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net