rugbyunion
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
What are the club colours?
Dewnansek (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 10:09
If you go to the shop' heading on the official site, you would think our colours were black and red. There is NOTHING in the club colours.

Why???

ralbar
Re: What are the club colours?
balion (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 15:40
Shirts on sale in the supporters marquee are in official club colours, Cherry white and green, the ones on line are from Zoo, who I believe are no longer the shirt suppliers.

(Sm128)

MESSAGES->author
Dewnansek (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 06:29
Quote:
balion
Shirts on sale in the supporters marquee are in official club colours, Cherry white and green, the ones on line are from Zoo, who I believe are no longer the shirt suppliers.
(Sm128)

If so, then change the website.

As a minimum show some replica tops and other products IN CLUB COLOURS. (Sm164)

MESSAGES->author
Cider Drinker (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 08:14
I had a lovely black albion shirt from a couple of seasons ago
the black came from the black of the 4 towers on the Plymouth flag/crest
although I'm still impressed with my lovely green charity shirt from last season
I am one of those that cant stretch mt funds to a new top every season, so i keep wearing my 'retro ones' - although I've been sen in a Tonga or Fiji top on occasions at Albion games smiling smiley

(Sm129) Don't let anything get in the way of a good game of Rugby

albion nut
albion nut (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 10:54
Will support the club & crest on whatever shirt/garment it is on!!

MESSAGES->author
Southway Albion. (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 11:35
Quote:
albion nut
Will support the club & crest on whatever shirt/garment it is on!!
See,that's the attitude we need.
Would add that any player who pulls on the shirt gets support no matter what their registered club is.

Regards,
Paul.

MESSAGES->author
Dewnansek (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 17:58
Hhmm! I have no trouble with a variety of colours in shop material, but I would have expected SOME to involve club colours.

I will support Albion whatever kit they choose (and I actually liked the 'temporary' kit we used earlier this season), but "cherry, white and green" does mean sonething special to me.

Les Vegtables
Les Vegtables (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 18:46
When the club was supplied by Samurai it bought the shop stock so was able to design the garments as they were made as bespoke items. The online shop offered by Zoo means that they will have off the shelf garments which they can embroider with/for whichever club is required.

The first model means there could be surplus or unsold stock that can not be sold if suppliers change, the second model means less expenditure and risk by the club as the supplier holds all the stock but this comes at the loss of choice and being able to represent club colours.

I too have heard that next season the kit supplier will be different, but Zoo are still the current provider. Whether the stock will be held by club or manufacturer will dictate the colours available I presume.

ianbol
ianbol (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 21:18
I guess, Les Vegetables, that means green beans,white cabbage and red peppers, lol.

ralbar
balion (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 21:35
Sorry it has to cherry, that's official.

(Sm128)

ianbol
ianbol (IP Logged)
13 March, 2017 21:14
Hmmm, cherry tomatoes then, but more a fruit than a veg.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net