rugbyunion
Latest News:

rugbybird3
Albion Gala??
Rugbybird3 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 14:41
Hey

Is anyone going to the Albion Gala on friday night?

MESSAGES->author
Re: Albion Gala??
noibla (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 17:14
Not me Vee I'm afraid. Hope you get some names though.

Semper Sersum.

ianbol
ianbol (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 19:53
Nor me.

ralbar
balion (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 21:22
No way will I be there, much prefer our less formal get together.
(Sm128)

rugbybird3
Rugbybird3 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 12:30
Totally agree with you about being less formal, however this is the first time the ladies have been invited to share the awards night with the club since 2002 back at Beacon Park!!

Where is my dress.... :-)

MESSAGES->author
noibla (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 19:28
That's good to know, I'm sure you will all have a great time then, you all deserve it, well done.

Try wearing that little black number, always does the trick. (Sm60)

Semper Sersum.

stonehousealbion
stonehousealbion (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 07:48
Due to a long injury break and some liquid sunshine at Ivybridge, I couldn't hang around and find out about Friday night from the Albion lads who turned out in the clash of the counties yesterday. But a couple of points about the Gala:

1. It all looked suitably swanky in the Bidvest when I stuck my head in that afternoon - over 200 covers with ribbons, bows and balloons, etc.

2. Apparently, it was run on the same financial basis as "our" do; ie players (+ partners?) go free, punters pay for the lot. Do the maths (the Ladies were there in force), factor in the corporate angle and you end up with the advertised ticket prices (inc the dreaded extra 20%). Steep, but fair? Well done to the devoted supporters who broke the piggy bank and stumped up the dosh to attend.

3. No word on who won what yet. The silverware certainly got it's annual clean. Ali Hannaford stepped down as "Chair" (it was always only for 12 months according to what I heard) and was thanked for her efforts. I think she has done a good job as an intermediary between the support and the new management.

4. It sounds like the boys and girls had a good time. Matt, for one, had a couple of sherbs and still showed his customary levels of skill and aggression on the field yesterday.

Edit: Albion Ladies Twitter

Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2017 07:53 by stonehousealbion.

hills18
hills22 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 14:22
I went to the gala, knowing the cost involved etc - I would hate this to be read as a boasting post or o look at me as it genuinely isn't. Meant as a review so people know what it was like.

The black tie nature of the event I suppose and not sure who was going made me a bit nervous before this one. First thinking perhaps it would be a really formal event but also even the thought of attending a ceremony event like Sports Personality of the year which are always good to watch etc so if anything should have enjoyed the thought of that.

The event itself was more of a party atmosphere/ end of season celebration really with awards being presented between courses etc. Ladies being given a chance to present various awards before the main course and then the mens team after.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2017 15:09 by hills22.

stonehousealbion
stonehousealbion (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 10:37
Still no word from PARFC on who won what...

For Facebook users, there are some pics from the event, but it's a bit like watching a silent movie and wondering what's being said:

Facebook - Supporters of Plymouth Albion

Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net