rugbyunion
Latest News:

ralbar
Security
balion (IP Logged)
27 July, 2017 08:58
A fellow goes into Albion he wishesto see Laura who is leaving on Monday, he asks around and is told she is working in the supporters marquee. As he approaches the marquee he is stopped by a gentleman who ask where you going sir, I am going to see Laura and wish her well in any new job she might get. Sorry sir no. I am the security fellow here and I have just finished 30 years in the police force. Friend explains he had known her since she started working there, answers still no. He then asks will you come in with me? Answer no. He then explains he has done voluntary at Albion for over 10 years. Still no please sir leave now.
So much for a humanitarian approach. Or they thought he'd was a pedophile as there maybe kids around. Or they are afraid she will give away some trade secrets?
Over & out.

(Sm55)

albion nut
Re: Security
albion nut (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 12:34
Laura Leaving is this a rumour or is it true, if true a great loss to the club.

ianbol
ianbol (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 13:38
Oh, balion, surely not. Not at fan friendly/volunteer friendly ALBION, hard to believe.

Good luck Laura. Your dedication and enthusiasm will be sorely missed.

Plymalbi200C
Plymalbi200C (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 09:49
The 200 Club caught up with Laura as she prepared for her final event at Brickfields yesterday (a wedding in the re-vamped Bidvest). We presented her with a bottle of bubbly for looking after us so well over the years. We wish her well for the future. Hopefully, we'll see her and Dan once in a while at Brickfields on match days.

If you'd like to contribute retrospectively, please drop some loose change in the pot at the lunch on Wednesday.

stonehousealbion
stonehousealbion (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 09:59
I think it's called "safeguarding".

If it was the day of the Summer Camp, then kids away from parents have to be looked after appropriately. Same as the school gate, basically.

But it sounds like Mr X Plod could have been better briefed...

As I understand it, Monday is Laura's last day, so maybe drop her an email (events@plymouthalbion.com) if you'd like to wish her well.

Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!

hills18
hills22 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 20:04
If it was because of the children you could say fair enough but the fact you then explained who you were/ where you were going and the name of a member of staff on site, maybe you should have been able to visit Laura like you wanted/ had a bit more explanation than please leave. You had travelled to visit your club (it could been from anywhere you travelled) to see someone you respected in your club.

The volunteers do their job for free and love of the place - I know as was great to help out during my summer holidays getting ground ready for new season etc.

Albion is a great club and it is great that the family feel to the place extends to the staff who work there rather than people just see them as strangers. The family feel to the place must never be lost which i'm sure it won't because the fans have been meeting regularly at games for many years now since this site was formed, fair to say we have seen ups and downs but we keep going because it is the club we all walked into one day.

If this is a load of old rubbish then please don't criticise too harshly.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net